summer 2019 British Isles or Iceland cruises?

rocklinmom

Here it is February and for summer 2019 Europe cruises there are still only Med, Greek, and Baltic cruises available. I am beginning to wonder if NCL will be offering British Isles or Scotland/Iceland cruises next summer? The Spirit isn't listed yet so we know it would be on her, but this is taking so long for them to figure out. I have a backup Princess cruise but would really like to see what will be available on the Spirit. Do any NCL people (there are some here on CC) have any idea of when these itineraries will be released, or if they are going to send the Spirit somewhere else entirely?

Here it is February and for summer 2019 Europe cruises there are still only Med, Greek, and Baltic cruises available. I am beginning to wonder if NCL will be offering British Isles or Scotland/Iceland cruises next summer? The Spirit isn't listed yet so we know it would be on her, but this is taking so long for them to figure out. I have a backup Princess cruise but would really like to see what will be available on the Spirit. Do any NCL people (there are some here on CC) have any idea of when these itineraries will be released, or if they are going to send the Spirit somewhere else entirely?

I am waiting to know also. I check everyday.

They have confirmed that the Spirit will be doing these itineraries. They were supposed to be released in January, so it is late, but I guess it should be any time now.

It is not unusual for the Northern Europe ones to be later out than others. Hopefully they are taking the time to get them right first time, rather than us all have to do through the process of changing our bookings later.

I was informed on my cruise (by the Cruise Next staff) in January the Spirit is moving to the Baltic as people love the Spirit but want to visit different ports. I'm not sure how accurate this intel is.

For the moment the Getaway is listed doing the Baltic cruises all summer of 2019. Only north European cruises that are not listed yet, are the ones the OP is referring to (British Isles and Iceland cruises).

I was informed on my cruise (by the Cruise Next staff) in January the Spirit is moving to the Baltic as people love the Spirit but want to visit different ports. I'm not sure how accurate this intel is.

Fairly inaccurate I would say.

My guess is that they have got half the story, but are confused between the Baltic and Iceland/Norway. As it is geographically quite close I can see how they got confused or misremembered.

Did my morning check and nada.

Hi - The reason they have not been released is I suspect complicated by BREXIT and VAT rates which are going to affect the pricing.

There is much complication coming ( and lots of rich accountants) with VAT post EU and NCL may be waiting to see the results of current consultations.

This lateness is unusual but of course they could simply be building up an expectation?

Hi - The reason they have not been released is I suspect complicated by BREXIT and VAT rates which are going to affect the pricing.

There is much complication coming ( and lots of rich accountants) with VAT post EU and NCL may be waiting to see the results of current consultations.

This lateness is unusual but of course they could simply be building up an expectation?

But NCL has no control over either Brexit or VAT, so why should that affect their release of upcoming cruises in Europe/British Isles? Why should that delay the release? NCL has never really towed the line, so to speak, when it comes to releasing itineraries/dates, they've usually do their own thing, released dates/interaries when they are ready, not when other's think they should.

I'd like to see the itins as well but not holding my breath...

From the NCL press release dated 19 December 2017:

Norwegian Spirit will home port in Southampton for the summer of 2019 and sail a selection of 10-day or longer once-in-a-lifetime itineraries journeying to the British Isles, Iceland, Norwegian Fjords, the Arctic Circle, and the Baltics. Full itinerary details will be released when the ship opens for sale in mid-January.*

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Exactly, we are already a month past the estimated release dates for Spirit. The other cruise lines have their 2019 cruises for these itineraries available so I don't understand the delay. If NCL is trying to build anticipation they are just making me frustrated instead.

But NCL has no control over either Brexit or VAT, so why should that affect their release of upcoming cruises in Europe/British Isles? Why should that delay the release? NCL has never really towed the line, so to speak, when it comes to releasing itineraries/dates, they've usually do their own thing, released dates/interaries when they are ready, not when other's think they should.

I'd like to see the itins as well but not holding my breath...

You miss the point. VAT will affect the pricing and costings to NCL. VAT can be irrecoverably and could (although it will never be the full amount) be as much as 20% uplift to costs. The issue of VAT is highly complex especially when the ship will be leaving from a non EU port and going to EU ports.

Anyway thats my view and one that comes with background. Why else withhold the release other than the London Cruise Show...... Now maybe that is it as they will want to have it available by next weekend. Anyone fancy a bet they will be released before next Friday!!

I was thinking the same thing rocklinmom! Those better be some fantastic itineraries especially when offered on their oldest ship.

Age is irrelevant it is beautiful ship with the best Hotel Director if he is still on that ship . Mr Armando D Silva. I would pay just to sail with him.

Age is irrelevant it is beautiful ship with the best Hotel Director if he is still on that ship . Mr Armando D Silva. I would pay just to sail with him.

Well, you are probably not a family of 4 with teens. No balcony cabins and nothing "fun" for the active among us. So, yes, the itinerary better be fantastic.

Oceania has their itineraries for Ireland, Scotland and Iceland for spring/summer 2019 out. Same parent company. I too am checking every day as is my NCL Cruise Consultant. I was hoping it would be the Jade again, but it looks like it will be the Spirit.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Princess has had their Northern Europe itinerary out for some time. I get better perks on NCL but am tired of waiting.

Well, you are probably not a family of 4 with teens. No balcony cabins and nothing "fun" for the active among us. So, yes, the itinerary better be fantastic.

There are plenty of balcony cabins.

Our son is 12, so not quite a teenager yet. He’s looking forward to his 4th trip on the Spirit.

There are plenty of balcony cabins.

Our son is 12, so not quite a teenager yet. He’s looking forward to his 4th trip on the Spirit.

You can't put 4 in a balcony cabin on this ship. I've checked. Only tiny insides and OV. My pocketbook can't afford 2 cabins either.

My teens like water slides and ropes courses and in general stuff to do. They never go to the kids clubs.

You can't put 4 in a balcony cabin on this ship. I've checked. Only tiny insides and OV. My pocketbook can't afford 2 cabins either.

Aah, I see what you meant now. Your post read as if you didn’t think that the ship had balcony cabins at all, which I must say I thought was an odd thing to think. :)

You miss the point. VAT will affect the pricing and costings to NCL. VAT can be irrecoverably and could (although it will never be the full amount) be as much as 20% uplift to costs. The issue of VAT is highly complex especially when the ship will be leaving from a non EU port and going to EU ports.

Anyway thats my view and one that comes with background. Why else withhold the release other than the London Cruise Show...... Now maybe that is it as they will want to have it available by next weekend. Anyone fancy a bet they will be released before next Friday!!

I thought if the ship leaves and ports in a non EU country then they do not charge the VAT.

Sent from my iPad using Forums