Stockholm dock

It varies. And it can change overnight. Last time we disembarked in Stockholm, we had been given one location and had arranged for a car and driver to pick us up there, but the morning of disembarkation, we were at a completely different dock. The port authority had made a last minute change. Fortunately, the driver figured it out and was only a little late picking us up.

It varies. And it can change overnight. Last time we disembarked in Stockholm, we had been given one location and had arranged for a car and driver to pick us up there, but the morning of disembarkation, we were at a completely different dock. The port authority had made a last minute change. Fortunately, the driver figured it out and was only a little late picking us up.

Let me echo on this since it has happened to us elsewhere. When making arrangements, it is very important to stress the ship you are arriving on and not the pier. Commercial drivers will check the pier assignment for the ship (often displayed on a big sign at the entrance to the port) since this is not uncommon.

The last time I was there in 2016 the ship docked far out of town in an industrial area to east of downtown. But it was called the "Cruise Ship Dock" at Frihamnsgatan. It was a good 15 minute taxi ride to downtown.

J

I wanted to add the the ship did not provide any shuttle service from the port [Frihamnsgatan] to down town. There was a City Bus that picked up on the street outside the port, but it was a very long walk to get there. Also, there were no Taxis waiting at the port, although I suppose one could have been ordered.

J