Escape Deck 8 cabin question

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:19 AM.
northwestern Pennsylvania
208 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
We are thinking about booking a cabin w/large balcony on Deck 8 on the Escape. I notice on the ship layout that these cabins are above the Escape theater. If anyone booked one of these cabins, did you experience noise from the theater? Suggestions to cabin number?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
barb65
9 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
We just got off the Escape two weeks and were JUST reminiscing how fantastic our room was on Deck 8! We were in 8134 which is port side in the closest mini suite in that area. I only had 45 steps to get to the District Brew House which was fantastic. We had no noise from any Waterfront venue, nor the theater! The NCL Escape was one of the best vacations we have ever been on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
208 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Thanks for the info, especially the 45 steps to the District Brewhouse!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
barb65
Portland, OR
382 Posts
Joined Dec 2012
We were in 8130 in March, also port side and about 40 steps from the brew house... loved everything about this room and location!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

1st time: NCL Pearl 11 nights 3/26/15
2nd time: NCL Escape 7 nights 3/25/17
UK
7,782 Posts
Joined May 2003
This question has been asked about these cabins on the ships with this layout (Breakaway, Getaway and Escape), and I have yet to read of one person saying they heard anything from the theatre.

We were in a similar cabin on the Getaway and had no problem. It is my cabin of choice on these ships.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Speciality restaurant booking guide - http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/sho...3#post51770633
Central Florida
97 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
We were in cabin 8154 this past April (not one of the large balcony cabins) and I would definitely warn anyone against this cabin or any close by. Being just steps from the Brewhouse was one of the only positive things I can say about it😕
There was really no way of knowing when we booked that it is situated directly above the shuffleboard court and was noisy most of the day. We also heard booming theatre noise on at least four evenings.
Farther down (I'd say maybe 8144 and forward) should be far enough away from shuffleboard. Not sure how they don't get the theatre noise though!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

RCCL Harmony of the Seas 2016 - Western Med.
NCL Dawn 2015 - Canada/New England
NCL Jade 2014 - Eastern Med.
Emerald Princess 2010 - Eastern Caribbean
NCL Pride of America 2009 - Hawaii
Star Princess 2008 - Alaska
Carnival Miracle 2009 - Southern Caribbean
Carnival Pride 2007 - Mexican Riviera
208 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Thank you Aquaman for your input. We took your advice and just finished booking Cabin 8134 on the Escape for our cruise next summer (2018) to Bermuda out of NYC. Wanted to grab this cabin before someone else did!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
barb65
7 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Oh dear, we are booked for this month on the Escape in 8746, on the Starboard side. Is there shuffleboard on Deck 7 on both sides of the ship? Worried now about that and potential theatre noise. Challenge is it's a guaranteed balcony, so I can only hope we may be able switch at the port! Alas, such is the risk we take to save some money -- luck of the draw, so can't really complain I suppose!
2,099 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
Originally posted by aquaman39
We just got off the Escape two weeks and were JUST reminiscing how fantastic our room was on Deck 8! We were in 8134 which is port side in the closest mini suite in that area. I only had 45 steps to get to the District Brew House which was fantastic. We had no noise from any Waterfront venue, nor the theater! The NCL Escape was one of the best vacations we have ever been on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
That will be our cabin in January, with BIL in the cabin next door...I look forward to sharing the number of steps with our group. :-) We booked that based on our last Escape experience, where a cabin crawl brought us to one of those awesome rooms in the secret hallway.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-weltek
74 Posts
Joined Sep 2017
Originally posted by barb65
We are thinking about booking a cabin w/large balcony on Deck 8 on the Escape. I notice on the ship layout that these cabins are above the Escape theater. If anyone booked one of these cabins, did you experience noise from the theater? Suggestions to cabin number?
we were with friends who were on deck 8 just above theatre and next to food republic and they moved their room half way through cruise! noise was unbareable!! guess it depends where on deck 8 you are
Fredericksburg, va. USA
83,795 Posts
Joined May 2001
If you want to see if they can change your guarantee assignment, do it NOW>..once on the ship, there will likely be NOTHING available. Most lines will switch you to another cabin of the exact same category, if it's available. Don't wait!
7 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Thanks everyone! Have spoken to my travel agent, balconies are sold out, but he's putting me on a wait list, so hoping something will come open in the next week (probably unlikely, but crossing my fingers). If nothing changes, oh well, will just have to plan limiting the times we'll be in the cabin while the shows are going on. Good thing we're night owls!