Breakfast on balcony

jancl57

On my past 4 cruises we've always had coffee and croissants delivered to our balcony in the morning. (4 different cruise lines, with NCL being one of them). It was complimentary. We are cruising on the Epic next February. Is this service still complimentary or is there a room service charge?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From NCL FAQs:

Is Norwegian Cruise Line now charging for room service?

Norwegian Cruise Line has introduced an enhanced room service menu. The new menu offers an expanded selection for breakfast, in addition to a wider variety of options available 24 hours. Individual items on the menu remain available on a complimentary basis and a convenience charge of up to $7.95 USD will be added to each order placed (Morning coffee, continental breakfast and orders placed by guests sailing in The Haven will not attract a charge). Room service is one of up to 29 dining options offered across the fleet, and guests continue to be able to enjoy a wide array of complimentary choices onboard 24 hours a day.

On my past 4 cruises we've always had coffee and croissants delivered to our balcony in the morning. (4 different cruise lines, with NCL being one of them). It was complimentary. We are cruising on the Epic next February. Is this service still complimentary or is there a room service

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Continental breakfast is still free

... coffee you make in the room is better than room service.
True - especially on the newer *Away ships where they use the 1-cup coffee/hot water maker, you brew one (flat & round) pod at a time into a 6 oz. cup which quickly get cold on the balcony.

The complimentary room service coffee water is weak and they've switched to a smaller insulated carafe, make sure to order coffee for 4 for a larger pot.

Best to bring your own double insulated coffee mug and one's personal instant coffee, whether it's Starbucks or local ones ... even Nescafe is better. If there are 3 of you, the third person will need to stand or use the micro-coffee/end table as a stool & lean back against the glass or partition to fit all out on the balcony. The 4th. person get to sit inside by the sliding door as there's no room left, those "standard" balcony are tiny ... unless you are in one of the extended or angled one.

Someone posted this menu recently, the coffee you make in the room is better than room service.

Norwegian-Getaway-room-service-1.jpg

This was the paper breakfast order we were given in May on the Jade but in October on the Jade we were given a cardboard order form that also included yogurt.

Thank you so much for posting the breakfast order form! Even if there are minor differences when we sail this May, it helps to have an idea what to expect. I'm especially reassured that hot tea and chocolate are complimentary, no one has mentioned anything except coffee and I am not a coffee drinker.