Dubai: Cost of Taxi from port to Burj Khalifa?

BlueBear4Travel

Hi everyone,

we´ll be in Dubai for just a few hours, so we want to make the most of it. Our cruise ship arrives in the afternoon and so far we´re planning to see Burj Khalifa (140th floor because of less waiting time) and maybe have a look at one of the bars at Burj al Arab.

Can someone tell me how much a taxi from port rashid (is there another cruise port?) to Burj Khalifa will cost?

Also what is the easiest way to get from Burj Khalifa to Burj al Arab? Another taxi or can we also take Metro to get to Burj al Arab?

Thanks a lot.

What's "a few hours"?

Time of arrival and departure?

Day of the week?

Traffic can be HELLISH!

Don't plan too much.

If you are experiencing Burj Khalifa, you can miss BAA.

Unless something has changed recently, you can only get into the BAA as a hotel guest or with a restaurant / bar reservation.

Taxi cost port to Burj Kalifa should be in the neighbourhood of 60 to 80 Dirham.

Thank you, this already helps us plan how much money to change.

Arrival of our ship is 2pm on a sunday. We´ll stay on board overnight and then have to leave the ship on monday morning.

So basically we have the afternoon and the evening / night to ourselves. I thought, since everything is dark, there´s not much to do / see at night. Please let me know if I am wrong.

Arrival of our ship is 2pm on a sunday. We´ll stay on board overnight and then have to leave the ship on monday morning.

So basically we have the afternoon and the evening / night to ourselves. I thought, since everything is dark, there´s not much to do / see at night. Please let me know if I am wrong.

Dubai is quite a large city with lots to see and do however, with your limited time I would suggest you stay in the Downtown area if you intend to go up the Burj Khalifa. Within that same area is the Dubai Mall with the huge aquariam and other attractions inside, the Dubai Fountains (similar to the Bellagio Fountains in Las Vegas) in the pedestrian area outside the mall. Across a small bridge from the mall is Souk Al Bahar that houses several restaurants and bars plus the beautiful Dubai Opera House is also within the same location.. You can easily pass the afternoon and evening within this location and then get a taxi back to the port. Depending which cruise line you are sailing they may operate a shuttle service between the port and Dubai Mall, I know several of them do...

Anne..

IMHO the skyline view is more impressive at night. I usually go at sunset to get both views but the night view wins out. If you want to maximize your time there are lots of other things you can do at night in Downtown Dubai or lots of other developments (which is what they are rather than neighbourhoods). Atlantis, The Palm, Burj Al Arab and adjacent beaches are probably better seen in the day but Madinat Jumeirah could be a good night destination. Lots of choices for dinner than a nightime Abra ride and a drink along the water.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks. Will definitely only go by taxi or public transport.

Just adding to all of the great suggestions others have made.....See Dubai from the water on the Dubai Ferry that links the new canal in Business Bay with either the creek or out towards Burj al Arab. Business Bay is adjacent to downtown Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mall area.

http://www.dubai-ferry.com/

Just adding to all of the great suggestions others have made.....See Dubai from the water on the Dubai Ferry that links the new canal in Business Bay with either the creek or out towards Burj al Arab. Business Bay is adjacent to downtown Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mall area.

http://www.dubai-ferry.com/

Thank you, that sounds fantastic. Will look into it.