Hotel with Free parking close to Manhattan Port

heatheranderson13

Yes you are correct it is in Secaucus, sorry for the delay in my response

To fully explain their package:

(1) It only includes one way transportation to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal. You have to pay for the return transportation.

(2) The package price is significantly higher than the non-packaged room rate, so you're really paying for the "free" parking and on e way cruise terminal transportation.

Yes that is true. I think it is approx 7o$ more but we have two cars and need transportation. To park at the pier was 700$ plus we needed a hotel. Or we could have taken the amtrack but this was still cheaper. The price is still cheaper then taking a taxi too and paying the toll. So overall it is a great deal for us factoring in all the things we need

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Stay in Staten Island or NJ. There's a few hotels in Staten Island with free parking.

Why are people always so gung-ho on staying in SI? It's not at all convenient for this. Are they going to drive them to the Manhattan pier? Or are you recommending that they take the SI Ferry and then the subway with their luggage (yeah, I know they could take a cab once they get to Manhattan).

Also, you'd be going out of your way coming from Canada and going to SI.

Edited by MisterBill99

The hotel is 10 miles from the pier and they take us all the way I have confirmed the pier

Are you talking about Secaucus or Staten Island? Secaucus makes sense, it's right near the Lincoln Tunnel and then you're a mile from the terminal when you get out.

Google Maps says that from the Secaucus Embassy Suites it's around 6 miles and from the Staten Island Hampton Inn it's 20+, so now I'm not sure what you're talking about when you said 10 miles.

Edited by MisterBill99

Are you talking about Secaucus or Staten Island? Secaucus makes sense, it's right near the Lincoln Tunnel and then you're a mile from the terminal when you get out.

Google Maps says that from the Secaucus Embassy Suites it's around 6 miles and from the Staten Island Hampton Inn it's 20+, so now I'm not sure what you're talking about when you said 10 miles.

Yes seacaucusis where I am talking about...I put that in an above post did I not for a member that was looking, I would not stay in Staten Island, we had originally were thinking of booking here after a member suggested it but after I researched and called the hotel this was no longer an option. Sorry I estimated the miles as I could not remember the exact amount.

Either way we are happy with our decision and it will save us time and money in the long run

Why are people always so gung-ho on staying in SI? It's not at all convenient for this. Are they going to drive them to the Manhattan pier? Or are you recommending that they take the SI Ferry and then the subway with their luggage (yeah, I know they could take a cab once they get to Manhattan).

Also, you'd be going out of your way coming from Canada and going to SI.

The Staten Island hotels were a good choice for Cape Liberty cruisers and apparently some people just automatically assumed they were therefore a good choice for Manhattan cruisers, not realizing there's a big difference in traveling from Staten Island to Manhattan versus Staten Island to Cape Liberty...particularly because some Staten Island hotels offer (or offered...I don't know if they still do) free shuttle service to Cape Liberty but not to Manhattan.

Edited by njhorseman

(2) The package price is significantly higher than the non-packaged room rate, so you're really paying for the "free" parking and on e way cruise terminal transportation.

I know you're talking about the Embassy Suites here, but since you're mentioning stuff not really being free, I decided to check the pricing for the Ramada at EWR for NYC cruise departures and it turns out that it's $70 less than the same night for Cape Liberty stays! The NYC package only includes 2 weeks of parking (vs. 3 for Cape Liberty) and no free transportation to the pier. But it seems like that means you're paying $70 for the extra week of parking (which no one really needs for a cruise, 2 weeks max is enough) and the shuttle to the pier.

When I stayed at an EWR hotel and had to pay for the shuttle, it was $20 per person each way. So the $70 is a little cheaper. But it was eye opening to me.

• 1 year later...
We've driven and stayed at Residence Inn in New Jersey, quick cab ride over and free parking. East Rutherford was the area I believe.

If you want to stay in Manhattan, I recommend driving to Syracuse and then taking the train, it's the same amount of time, and cheaper than gas, and leave the car for $5 for the week at the train station. Then cab around NYC, and cabs are really cheap compared to here.

If you're in Quebec, then a train from somewhere across the border is the way to go.

HI we are driving from Ottawa in May to do the NCL 7 day cruise. There will be 5 of us for 3 or 4 nights and than we drop one off at the airport and 4 of us cruise. We would like to park at the cruise port only so when we get off the ship we can drive directly home. Do you know if it would be easy to take the train back to Syracuse from the port? Also how long is the drive to the port area or Hells Kitchen area from Ottawa? Thanks so much for the suggestions!

HI we are driving from Ottawa in May to do the NCL 7 day cruise. There will be 5 of us for 3 or 4 nights and than we drop one off at the airport and 4 of us cruise. We would like to park at the cruise port only so when we get off the ship we can drive directly home. Do you know if it would be easy to take the train back to Syracuse from the port? Also how long is the drive to the port area or Hells Kitchen area from Ottawa? Thanks so much for the suggestions!

What are the exact dates you will need a hotel for 5 people? One or two rooms? Bed configuration? Budget?

Ottawa to Manhattan is showing as a 7+ hour drive. The lodging for your car in Manhattan will be $50+/day. Parking at the pier is $40/day for the duration of the cruise only. For 11 days of parking I would seriously consider parking at Port Imperial in Weehawken NJ for $20/day and taking the ferry across to 39th St for $9/pp. This is close to the Cruiseport and you can get back to Port Imperial to your car fairly quickly. IMO for 11 days a car is a significant liability in Manhattan.

Which airport would your friend fly out of? I'd seriously reconsider "dropping your friend off at the airport". Depending on the airport this could be a very time consuming and expensive choice when you consider time, stress, tolls, and gas. Your friend should use one of the airport bus or train options from Manhattan.

• 1 month later...