Owners suite 600/601 odyssey class

galeforce9

Does anyone have any views good or bad on these suites please? Looking at the deck plan they don’t seem to have the wrap around balcony - understandably so as they are on deck 6 near the forward jacuzzi. Is the balcony quite small and do they have forward facing windows on to deck 6? If so, does anyone feel they lack privacy? Also, if anyone can help with the pluses and minuses of owners suites that would be great. Clearly there is more space and these will suffer from greater than average motion. Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Haven't sailed in the Owner suite since we had one on the Pride. So this may not be of help, but we love the location. On our just completed Alaskan cruise we were in 604. The day we boarded we were going out to the front (our favorite part of the ship) and accidently went suit 600...the door was open still:). It is similar in design to the ones on the little sisters, but bigger and very nice features.

The private balcony is on the side, first one past the open deck. The balcony is longer and deeper by some than our 604 balcony was. The living/dinning area was very nice looking. The windows wrap around to the front, but there is no problem with privacy. You can not see in the suite from the outside, but there was plenty of light. You will get anchor noise, but not really a problem. Even though we were very forward this cruise, the ship movement was not a problem like it is higher up and forward, We did have some rough seas a couple of nights.

What we love about the owners suite location and our 604 location is access to what most of the time was our own private front deck complete with Jacuzzi. We spent a lot of time out there and DH had the Jacuzzi to himself most of the time as you could see in our pictures.

I am sure others will reply that have actually stayed in suite, but we love the forward location on Deck 6.

Enjoy.

Our friends had suite 600 on our last cruise. It is a nice size and all the furnishings are new. Gone are the dark colours. The windows at the front of the suite are one way, you can see out but can’t see in. However the front view is partially blocked by storage bins on the front deck. I also would not like someone directly walking in front of my bedroom window. The balcony is on the side and is a bit larger, but from what I recall has an all metal railing. Personally I would not pay the extra for this suite as it does get more noise from the anchor and more motion. Have you looked at owner suite #731 which is mid ship?

Sent from my iPad using Forums