Course by course room service

galeforce9

I’ve rarely used room service - only for a really quick breakfast before an early trip out.

Some time in the future we will be looking to make use of the larger table in our suite and on the balcony.

Would room service actually lay out the table properly or are we expected to do that ourselves?

If we would like a full breakfast on the balcony, do we use the card the night before and does it arrive all at once or is it possible to scribble on the card to have the warm cooked element come afterwards?

How do we get the lunchtime menu if we wish to order from the restaurant lunch menu, assuming it is open?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Room service will set your table with table cloth and all the utensils. As for the timing, just tell them when you order if you want everything at once or by course or whatever combination/order you'd like. (On the rare occasions that I would order dinner by room service, I always asked for everything at once; I couldn't imagine asking the poor waiter to make 4 trips for 4 courses!)

For lunch, on one cruise they'd give me the Restaurant's lunch menu the night before, but sometimes the menu wouldn't be ready till the next morning. You can discuss this with guest services.

In my experience, they have been incredibly accommodating. One night, on election night, we wanted to stay in the room and watch the returns rather than be out and mingling.

They serve to five courses, from caviar and blini through advanced ordered softshell crab and truffle risotto one course each hour. Needless to say, our tip to the staff pool was quite generous that trip.

It seems like advanced notice is the single thing that they most appreciated since allows them to adequately allocate manpower.

DO think about favorite dishes. If the ingredients are a bit obscure, mention them in the requests section of your reservation.

I know pretty serious (though hardly professional) cook and have talked with the chef on board on several locations. He actually talked about what fun it was to prepare things other than the same dishes that they do over, and over, and over. A couple cruises ago, we described a scallops with bacon brittle dish that we had loved a restaurant in St. Petersburg. Over the next week, he prepared to different versions. Fun for all of us! It’s another reason why we love Seabourn.