Oceania Air for cruise from Southampton

tunaman2011

Greetings

Considering a cruise that leaves from Southampton. The air quote from Oceania shows the flight as MIA-SOU which is the Southampton airport code. Has anyone taken Oceania air for a similar cruise? Do they try to fly you to Southampton or do they really fly you to London Heathrow? Can't see any routes that travel to Southampton airport without a bunch of stops, and I don't like stops. Direct flights from MIA to Heathrow are common.

Good Sailing

Tom

I was recently on a cruise that ended in Southampton. My cruise invoice listed SOU-SGF(my home airport) but the actual flight was out of Heathrow. My air itinerary and Final Vacation Summary documents had the correct airport code, LHR on them.

So maybe it's an Oceania invoice thing.

Based on our experience it looks like Oceania always uses the port code although with Olife air you'll fly to the nearest major airport. For example when we sailed from Southampton we flew to Heathrow and when we sailed from Monte Carlo we flew to Nice.

When we sailed from Southampton in September, we flew from Orlando to Gatwick while relatives flying from Chicago went to Heathrow. I do not recall seeing SOU on any of our documents. It was O air.

Edited by tvmovielover
Add information

Based on our experience it looks like Oceania always uses the port code although with Olife air you'll fly to the nearest major airport.

(Highliting mine)

Just to clarify and avoid any possible confusion, O Life and air are separate entities and have nothing to do with each other.

You can have O Life without the air and v.v. - there is no such thing as OLife air.