Boston shuttle

Noxequifans

There is also a port shuttle linked to the HOHO bus. This shuttle picks up just outside the port fence and takes you into central Boston. They dropped us off across the street from the HOHO starting point and ran frequent shuttles back to the port.

We were there in the fall, and the traffic was pretty slow between ship and near the Q Market dropoff place. Also, there were other cruise ships in town, so you had to look a little for the correct shuttle bus. They were all lined up together. However, if you leave enough time, you'll be fine. I was cutting things a little close, though, so I ended up calling an Uber. He passed me by at first (too many people in the area) but I yelled and waived my hands and he saw me and stopped. I don't remember how much it cost, but it was reasonable.

Just be flexible and/or leave a little bit of extra time and you'll be fine.

The pickup spot is in a good location for exploring tourist sites in Boston.

Traffic here in Boston has become absolutely horrendous in the past couple years, regardless of the time of day. The Boston Globe just ran an article that tour companies are modifying their routes and dropping out points of interest because of it. Leave far more time to get back to the ship than you think you need.

• 4 months later...
Where does O dock in Boston? Is it within (short - like 10 minutes) walking distance to Bostonian Boston Hotel at 26 North St, next to Faneuil Hall?

Ships dock at the Black Falcon Cruise Terminal which is between the Seaport area and South Boston-- not the major tourist areas. The Bostonian Hotel is almost two miles away by foot.

Having lived in the Boston area for most of my life, I can tell you that Boston is an awesome town, but the traffic is wicked, so be prepared for delays whatever mode of local transportation you choose.