Can I get smaller portions in MDR and speciality

oldmom

Have been dieting since March-cruised in May and gained 5 back. But I took it off in 2 weeks. I am having severe GERD now. I cruise in 3 weeks. Can I ask for smaller portions in MDR so I won't be tempted to overeat and regret it? Also, don't want to gain more than 2-3 pounds this time.

Have been dieting since March-cruised in May and gained 5 back. But I took it off in 2 weeks. I am having severe GERD now. I cruise in 3 weeks. Can I ask for smaller portions in MDR so I won't be tempted to overeat and regret it? Also, don't want to gain more than 2-3 pounds this time.

Yes.

• 4 weeks later...

Lol- actually, on my last 4 cruises, I have found the answer to be NO! At least on RCI... For the last 5 years, I have been eating very small portions. I always tell this to my waiter, and I always say "please give me a smaller portion", but they never do. And they always say "is the food not good" when I don't finish. And I always say, it is very good, I just don't eat much. In fact, on my trip a year ago, the head waiter noticed, and he came over and was very concerned that I never finished my food. Sigh :). #firstworldproblems

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 9 months later...
Lol- actually, on my last 4 cruises, I have found the answer to be NO! At least on RCI... For the last 5 years, I have been eating very small portions. I always tell this to my waiter, and I always say "please give me a smaller portion", but they never do. And they always say "is the food not good" when I don't finish. And I always say, it is very good, I just don't eat much. In fact, on my trip a year ago, the head waiter noticed, and he came over and was very concerned that I never finished my food. Sigh :). #firstworldproblems

Well, I just got of a Celebrity Alaskan cruise, and the portions in MDR should be to your liking, 'cause they were...petite. Which I loved (THANK YOU Celebrity!), and I resisted asking for seconds, which was even better.