Car Service Munich to Passau

Carnevale

We are doing the Viking Danube Waltz cruise over Christmas and have added extra days before in Munich to go to the Christmas market. As a result, we don't get the Viking transfer service (I still don't understand why not if we get ourselves to the airport in Munich at the time we would have arrived had we not added extra days but that's a separate matter).

As we are on our own we need transportation and have decided to book a car service. I know the train is popular but there will be 4 of us (plenty of luggage) and trains are not our thing.

Can anyone recommend a car service from Munich to Passau? Thx!

Hm. Is this transfer by Viking, from the airport to the ship, included? Or do you have to pay for it? If it's included, why don't you try some sleight of hand...

Go to Orbitz or Kayak or similar, and look at potential flights arriving into Munich on your cruise arrival day. Copy down the flight numbers and itineraries. Pick one that looks convenient.

Call Viking in a few weeks with this flight information and tell them you're arriving on that flight, and ask them to put you down for their provided transfer.

Then get yourselves to MUC at that time, and find the Viking rep at the exit from Customs. Hop on the bus to Passau with your fellow passengers.

Note: this won't work if Viking handled your air, obviously, and they know that you're arriving early. But if you booked the pre-trip on your own, it might work.

Many thanks for the replies. Viking booked our air so we truly are on our own for our transfer. Train or self-drive have been nixed by the group - car service it will be. The googled lead is useful - thanks!

Has anyone used a car service from Munich to Passau that they can recommend?

I have only used a car service within a city (airport to hotel, cruise port to hotel): Blacklane, very reliable. No clue what it would cost to have them drive from Munich to Passau or if they would do it at all. Unless your group has handicapped members, I don't understand why they don't want to use the options available that everybody else uses: rental car, train, city cabs.

Train is "the German thing". Have the hotel call a cab with a driver willing to park and take you and your luggage directly to the train platform. Of course, he needs to be paid for that special service. Alternatively, book Blacklane for this personal service. Pre-arrange the same service in Passau. There is another service called mydriver, but I have no personal experience with them.

https://www.blacklane.com/en/

• 2 weeks later...

Carnevale- We are doing this same cruise in April 2018. I have used Blacklane in Paris and they are very reliable. I am trying to get a quote from them now for our cruise in April but my information from Viking only shows the boat docking at

Fritz-Schäfer-Promenade in Passau or Donaustrasse near the bridge Kräutelsteinbrücke in Passau-Lindau. Where does your information say you dock?

Did Danube Waltz Christmas Market cruise this past December 2016. When we arrived at Munich airport, we used Viking transfers to Passau since Viking had done our air for us. We were taken to the ship which was docked outside the city. Later the ship was moved to the center of town. On the arrival day, Viking had lunch for us on the terrace and did a 1pm walking tour of the Passau. They took us by bus to begin the tour since the ship was docked outside the city. We had time to visit the Christmas market. The ship was later moved to the center of Passau. The next day they had tickets for us to attend the organ concert at St. Stephens plus a tour of the city and a gingerbread demonstration.

We, too, have had Viking do our air on others trips and came in early by a few days. We also asked if we got to the airport on the given day they do picks up at the airport could we use the transfer to the ships. We were told no.

I still believe this might be a possibility to pursue.

Thx Bellemere - that is great to know. Our documents only say there will be a tour of Passau on day 2 so I am not sure what, if anything, we might get on day 1. Was your day 1 tour mentioned in advance or something they added?

Any other highlights from your cruise will be really appreciated!

Carnevale- I checked the price for Blacklane car service for both locations and it is about 350 euros which include a tip. I will use them since I have had a positive experience with them already. I will also use them for pickup at the airport to transfer to Munich hotel.

Carnevale- I suggest you register on their site so you can make changes if you to. Pretty simple: You can change the car class, pickup date, time and location, dropoff location, and additional information. Log in to your Blacklane account on the website, click on RIDES at the top of the page and select the ride that you would like to make changes to. You will then see a page with the details of your ride, you can make changes to your ride on this page. To make changes to your ride in the app, select your next upcoming ride from the home screen or select RIDES to choose from any one of your upcoming rides. Once you’ve selected a ride, you will see a screen with the ride details and can then make changes to them. For one-way rides you can make changes up to one hour before the pickup time and for hourly rides you can make changes up to 24 hours before the pickup time.

We booked ondaytrip.com for a transfer from Budapest to Prague for this August. They gave us options for stops on the way and we are taking a stop in Bratislava for a few hours on the way. We have not used this company before but they received rave reviews on trip advisor (which is where we found them).

• 4 months later...
We are doing the Viking Danube Waltz cruise over Christmas and have added extra days before in Munich to go to the Christmas market. As a result, we don't get the Viking transfer service (I still don't understand why not if we get ourselves to the airport in Munich at the time we would have arrived had we not added extra days but that's a separate matter).

As we are on our own we need transportation and have decided to book a car service. I know the train is popular but there will be 4 of us (plenty of luggage) and trains are not our thing.

Can anyone recommend a car service from Munich to Passau? Thx!

I have been researching this from the other end, as we will transferring from Passau to Munich Airport at the end of our Christmas market cruise. So I don't have direct experience. That being said, kiwi taxi seemed to have reasonable prices, good reviews, and a variety of vehicles, so you might have a look at them.

https://kiwitaxi.com/germany/passau-%3Emunich+airport

I have been researching this from the other end, as we will transferring from Passau to Munich Airport at the end of our Christmas market cruise. So I don't have direct experience. That being said, kiwi taxi seemed to have reasonable prices, good reviews, and a variety of vehicles, so you might have a look at them.

https://kiwitaxi.com/germany/passau-%3Emunich+airport

Thx so much! It is great to have CC to get this kind of info.