Beds on Encore?

sfbaker

Hi Cruisers!

I am about to embark on a 20 day cruise on Encore and have a question.

I have sailed on Seabourn quite a few times and have found the beds to be very uncomfortable. Have they upgraded them on the new ship?

Seriously planning to pack an extra suitcase with a memory foam mattress pad to leave behind on the ship so I can get a good night sleep!

Also- have they installed the launderette yet? What a bone head move to eliminate that feature! Just cause we are paying for a premium cruise does not mean we want to pay a fortune to wash our undies!

thanks for the input!

sfbaker

We too find the duvets too hot and on our recent cruise on Sojourn our bed did not have a topper.

We requested a light blanket and a topper which was soon delivered and our sleeps were extremely comfortable.

Seabourns beds have always been very good wish I could find a similar one here.

We just departed the Encore. The beds were comfortable, and we added a topper. I found the sheets to be a bit scratchy; husband was ok with the product. The suites are lovely and well appointed.

The entertainment, food and service were a huge disappointment considering Seabourn calls itself a luxury line.

Having sailed the 4 luxury lines , Crystal, Seabourn, Silversea and Regent I would give Seabourn bottom rank

If by "uncomfortable" beds on SB you mean too hard, join the club. Hardest was on Odyssey, still hard but better was on Quest.

Have not been on Encore but if hardness is an issue of concern, ask your TA to tell SB to reserve a topper for you in advance, to make sure they do not run out ( they can).

If you do not need it, they can take it away, better than being out and having sore bones and muscles.

I almost always travel with a compact blow-up Thermarest in a little case in my suitcases anyway in case a hotel bed is hard or a ship has a delay in getting me a topper even though I reserved it. If the bed is ok, DH and I used it on the rock -hard gold-black striped sofa in the suite

If by "uncomfortable" beds on SB you mean too hard, join the club. Hardest was on Odyssey, still hard but better was on Quest.

Have not been on Encore but if hardness is an issue of concern, ask your TA to tell SB to reserve a topper for you in advance, to make sure they do not run out ( they can).

If you do not need it, they can take it away, better than being out and having sore bones and muscles.

I almost always travel with a compact blow-up Thermarest in a little case in my suitcases anyway in case a hotel bed is hard or a ship has a delay in getting me a topper even though I reserved it. If the bed is ok, DH and I used it on the rock -hard gold-black striped sofa in the suite

We are on board Odyssey now and we find the bed far from hard. They seem quite soft (I prefer soft mattress to too hard). Perhaps they were replaced in dry dock a few months ago? Or perhaps soft to one person is hard to another.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 months later...

Beautiful beds and mattresses on " Encore". In fact so supportive of my miserable frame I was exstatic. I did not need to ask for a topper on this cruise. My memory foam stayed in my case ( I travel with a small peice of memory foam - size body width length from my shoulder to just past my knee, it can be rolled to the size of a puffer jacket ) I was rested and ready for an adventure everyday. As for comfort otherwise in the beautiful cabin, every little thing was perfect including the climate control air conditioning.

Edited by koalapanda