Mazatlan vs Cabo Beach Excursion

rbslos18

We are doing a Mexican Riviera cruise the beginning of January. My wife LOVES the ocean and beaches.

Which beach excursion is more memorable--Mazatlan Stone Island beach excursion or the Cabo San Lucas Exclusive Beach Get away at Medano Beach?

Thanks so much for your advice!

I would take a cab to the Golden Zone in Mazatlan and go to the beach in front of the Hotel Playa Mazatlan. I like that area much better than stone beach. I like that beach much more than Medano in Cabo, too. The cruiselines even have excursions to Hotel Playa Mazatlan which includes a buffet lunch. Otherwise it is easy to go there on your own. [emoji2]

I like Stone Island and it is easy to get to from the cruise terminal. The water is shallow and very little surge. We go to Lety's and their guacamole is very good plus the coconut shrimp is excellent. Beer is cold and reasonably priced.

The water taxi terminal is about three blocks to your left after you exit the port, and the fare is about three dollars for the round trip.

In Cabo, you can get a water taxi to Medano Beach or you can book a glass bottom boat to the famous arch and ask them to drop you off at Lovers beach or Medano. If you like to w alk, you can walk back to the marina from Medano. The glass bottom boat trip will cost 8 to 10 dollars per person if you book it on shore but you have to bargain with the seller.

Edited by swedish weave

• 1 month later...

A group of us are going to be in Mazatlan in 3 weeks. Some of the group purchased a ship sponsored tour to Medina beach. I believe that ship tours go to Hotel Playa Mazatlan. Does anybody know if it is possible for the ones that did not book, can meet up later on with them? Can we just take a cab over and be able to sit with them at the hotel or do we have to buy a day pass?