Carnival stateroom decorations

rjdunn

My husband and I are going on the Victory soon, and I was thinking about getting the birthday decorations as a surprise for my husband. I would love to know people's thoughts. Are they cool or cheesy?

My husband and I are going on the Victory soon, and I was thinking about getting the birthday decorations as a surprise for my husband. I would love to know people's thoughts. Are they cool or cheesy?

Why not, time to celebrate!:D

I have not been on a Carnival cruise but have seen the Anniversary decoration set. This is just my two cents worth. For about 1/4 the price you could buy your own at the party store along with a cheap roll of magnetic tape. The towel was a decent beach towel. They put it all out for you so that it is waiting when you arrive. If you consider the other 3/4 of the price a tip for having it all set out waiting for you that's probably the best way to think of it. Honestly if you just want cheap party store birthday decorations in the room you could probably come up with something more in line with your husband's interests by doing it yourself.

What I ended up doing for each of our anniversaries we've spent on cruise ships was picking up a few decorations, a roll of magnetic tape, and a couple of packs of fridge magnet letter sets. Not only are the fridge magnet letter sets great for writing out a message like "Surprise! Happy Birthday!" we use them later in the cruise for leaving each other messages. If you want to be really fancy grab some battery powered string lights. You can get them on amazon for cheap. I usually just use a couple of magnetic hooks to string them up over the head of the bed. They make a great emergency night light if needed as well.

Oops forgot to add I always tell my spouse we need to take a swim about twenty minutes before the time posted for cabins to be available. I always tell him I have to change into my swimwear in one of the bathrooms around the ship when really I have it on underneath my sundress. I tell him to pick up a drink for me and go grab us some seats by the pool while he waits for me. Then I rush down with fingers crossed. So far the room has always been waiting. I found out on our last anniversary cruise my husband thinks the cruise line has been doing the decorating every year when he advised someone from our CC roll call to ask me about Royal's Anniversary decorating packages. :)

I always tip the cabin steward to put out something extra special on our actual anniversary day, too. They always come up with something special. Last year we got rose petals and a pair of towel swans.