What to do in the Conflict Islands, Papua New Guinea for the day??

Has anyone here been to the Conflict Islands before??

If so I was wondering what is there to do in Conflict Islands?? and what would you recommend doing here for the day for a first time visitor?

I heard the snorkelling is meant to be good here??

Any ideas / suggestions are very welcome clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

Hi Kiwi, we were there in February this year and it is simply amazing such are stunning place.

Yes the snorkelling is excellent both over the other side of the island and also around the side where tenders dock. I don’t mean to alarm anyone but when we were there there were several people bitten by small stingers, not life threatening but very painful.

We have stinger suits so didn’t have to worry.

They sell vouchers in $5 lots for purchasing food, drink, tours, souvenirs etc. There was a booth on both sides of the island, so you can easily top up if needed.

The have a bar and some food outlets, from memory it was $10 for a beer and a pie or a sausage sandwich. They did run out later in the day. I found it interesting that they bring the staff over from Alotau by boat a 20 hour trip to man the stalls!

There is a young lady who is a marine biologist studying turtles and it was $5 to go in to see the tanks and hear her talk to her about her programme it was very interesting, I think you could also pay to release a baby turtle. Around the island you can see the sites where the turtles come in to lay there eggs again very interesting.

I hope you enjoy your day there I certainly did.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's the best snorkeling spot that you'll find out of any of the islands, swim out to the drop off, lots of life out there.

Fabulous video . (y)

Thats what we all dream about as a tropical paradise. Thanks for posting.

Lets hope that as more tourists go there and more ships visit , that it does not lose its charm and innocence,:)

• 2 weeks later...