Question on deck 4 veranda cabins on Eurodam

TAD2005

We like the deck 4 veranda cabins on Vista class ships and the Eurodam due to the deeper balconies. I'm not speaking of the stern balcony cabins, unfortunately they are all gone on the cruise I'm booked on. Those balconies are huge due to their location. My question concerns the port and starboard side aft VC grade veranda cabins. There are 6 cabins in that group on the Eurodam (4168, 4172, 4174, 4173, 4177, and 4179) that have an asterisk (*) indicating that they are "shower only", no tub. I have seen pictures of the bathrooms and they are definitely smaller because of the lack of a tub. We really don't use the tub, we shower, so a missing tub is no big deal. If there is no tub, the bathroom cubicle is smaller. Does that smaller bath translate into more space in the cabin, or is the lack of a tub a result of an overall smaller cabin ? I have 4174 reserved, but I'm wondering if i should select another VC grade cabin that has a tub in the bath, like 4151, 4154, 4158, etc. The pictures available on a website that shows "deck plans" do not provide enough detail to determine the overall cabin size.

While we haven't sailed on the Eurodam we have sailed on 3 Vista class ships and our last cruise was in one of the staterooms you have questioned. The footprint for the entire stateroom was identical to those with tubs. The stateroom itself was the same size as those with bathtubs and bathroom was actually seemed a bit bigger since the tub takes up more room than the shower. The sink counter was also a bit longer. We decided we really liked it better than those with the tubs which we have never used other than to step over it's high side. IMHO I believe you will really like it better.

Google "pictures of 4168 Eurodam" and then pick the link to halfacts as there are a coupe of great pictures of the bathroom and yours will look just like them.

And of course nothing beats the deeper veranda's on deck 4! :D

While we haven't sailed on the Eurodam we have sailed on 3 Vista class ships and our last cruise was in one of the staterooms you have questioned. The footprint for the entire stateroom was identical to those with tubs. The stateroom itself was the same size as those with bathtubs and bathroom was actually seemed a bit bigger since the tub takes up more room than the shower. The sink counter was also a bit longer. We decided we really liked it better than those with the tubs which we have never used other than to step over it's high side. IMHO I believe you will really like it better.

Google "pictures of 4168 Eurodam" and then pick the link to halfacts as there are a coupe of great pictures of the bathroom and yours will look just like them.

And of course nothing beats the deeper veranda's on deck 4! :D

Thanks so much for your very helpful report. The deeper balconies on deck 4 are much deeper than any of the decks above. (except for the suits, obviously). Ironically, the deck 5 mid-ships balconies which are classed as VA (the top classification) are much smaller than their less expensive counterparts on deck 4, forward and aft. Be cautious of the deck 4 forward verandas, they have solid steel railings compared to the deck 4 aft balconies which have glass railings.