Muster Drill Meeting Place

cmdchiefthom

For the last few years when cruising on other cruise lines, assembly stations for the life boat drill has been conducted in an inside venue, a lounge, MDR etc. I'm curious if that is the drill aboard Princess Ships?;)

Depending on where Muster is, you may want to get there early or be standing for the presentation. Never had a problem getting a spot in the theater or lounge but on our Royal Princess cruise earlier this year we were in Crooners and had to stand as there was not enough seating. People spilled into the ocean terrace seafood bar seating and on the wall past that

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Inside venues for sure. You are still required to bring your life jacket but don't put it on until instructed to do so.

On the current Medallion cruise roll out people are saying they were instructed not to bring the life jackets to muster. Definitely a change that will hopefully be continued.

Inside venues for sure. You are still required to bring your life jacket but don't put it on until instructed to do so.

On the current Medallion cruise roll out people are saying they were instructed not to bring the life jackets to muster. Definitely a change that will hopefully be continued.

It would be GREAT not to have to take our life jackets to muster! :)

i was in the art gallery a month ago. staying lido deck mid forward. i gotta say, it sucked standing in the art gallery. crowded and maybe 2 seats.

i did love the crew members smacking down some older ladies that thought it was ok to laugh and carry on during the drill. IDIOTS! the dang 2 year old was better behaved then them. people have no shame and they are embarrassing to watch. you have to be quiet for 20 minutes of your cruise. cant you wait to talk till after that.

Just look at the back of your cabin door and you'll know where your muster meeting place is. No worries about finding it. Just start walking with your muster jacket and the crew will see the letter code on it and know where to direct you. Take your cruise card with you so they can scan it for attendance.

This is one thing that Princess does REALLY, REALLY well. They take it seriously. You should see the way RCI handles it - at least what we've seen recently. No one listens, everyone continues talking, drinking, laughing, walking around and no one pays attention at all.

With Celebrity, you're packed in like sardines in public spaces that have seating for a very few people and the rest have to stand the whole time. They continually push more and more people into the lounge until it's seriously a dangerous situation. The last time, we were packed in so tightly, I couldn't even turn around. It was wall-to-wall people. Give me a Princess muster ANY day over any of the other cruise lines!

The bar is closed for the drill, so grab a drink before it begins.

I consider this drill to be a meaningless formality. I attend because I must, and I am not disruptive, but I'd love a doctor's note or something to excuse me from it. I stick my nose in a book and try to ignore what is going on.

For the last few years when cruising on other cruise lines, assembly stations for the life boat drill has been conducted in an inside venue, a lounge, MDR etc. I'm curious if that is the drill aboard Princess Ships?;)

Yes. Your muster station will be on your cruise card. Bring your life jackets and cruise cards. That’s all.

Enjoy your cruise.

Always inside. The only time I remember being outside was on a Costa cruise in the 70s.

Tony

Love the Princess Cruises muster being inside. Both of our non-Princess cruises had theirs outside. RCCL just this last May had everyone stand beneath their life craft on deck, with people talking and moving around - I am sure no one saw the life jacket demo. It was tough on me as I had not yet fully recovered from a knee injury. HAL back in 1997 was outside, too. Don't know if they've changed.

Love the Princess Cruises muster being inside. Both of our non-Princess cruises had theirs outside. RCCL just this last May had everyone stand beneath their life craft on deck, with people talking and moving around - I am sure no one saw the life jacket demo. It was tough on me as I had not yet fully recovered from a knee injury. HAL back in 1997 was outside, too. Don't know if they've changed.

The HAL musters in Seattle are still outside, at least they were this past (2017) Alaska cruise season. Luckily there were virtually no rainy departure days that I can remember! :D

Tom

Our recent muster was in Club Fusion and I believe everybody had a seat. Of course there were, as usual, some who failed to attend and were advised to go to the makeup session. It's not all that big of a hardship to attend.