Internet Access (Not On-board) While Cruising

aimelearning

Hi, all!

I know I saw a post to some forum somewhere by someone who mentioned the availability of temporary Internet access from an Alaskan ISP while cruising. For the life of me I can't find the post, nor anything similar. I'd prefer not to pay the on-board rate if I don't have to. I'm planning on taking my netbook with wireless capability.

Anybody know? Any ideas?

Thanks!

When you are crusing you are going to be at the mercy of the ship and their charges. I don't care what ISP you go to, they have to at somepoint go to the ship when it is sailing, either thru the ships local wifi/lan or thrue their cell network. The coverage of cellphone cards is limited and you can't access them unless in port.

If you must have your fix of internet I believe all the ports have internet cafes or even free wifi, try googling and you shall find

Good luck

Hi, all!

I know I saw a post to some forum somewhere by someone who mentioned the availability of temporary Internet access from an Alaskan ISP while cruising. For the life of me I can't find the post, nor anything similar. I'd prefer not to pay the on-board rate if I don't have to. I'm planning on taking my netbook with wireless capability.

Anybody know? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Archived