Changes for elite laundry

TERESAh

we just returned from a TA cruise on Caribbean Princess and since it was. 15 day cruise looked forward to our free laundry. The new rules are they don't return your laundry for 96 hours. Our cruise ended on a Saturday so we were advised Tuesday would be the last day for laundry. Not a big deal we managed just fine but wish we had known about the new rules when we packed.

we just returned from a TA cruise on Caribbean Princess and since it was. 15 day cruise looked forward to our free laundry. The new rules are they don't return your laundry for 96 hours. Our cruise ended on a Saturday so we were advised Tuesday would be the last day for laundry. Not a big deal we managed just fine but wish we had known about the new rules when we packed.

Not a new rule at all. In fact it's not a rule. We were also on that cruise, and it was only because there were so many elites on board that the laundry took so long. More people using the laundry the longer it takes to get it back.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just got off a Med cruise a couple weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised to have our laundry returned the next day every time during the 3 weeks. There were only a couple hundred elites on board. On cruises with lots elites we have had a letter stating it will take 5 days.

That’s not a change. I’ve had that several times over the last three years. One cruise, it was eight days.

Wow if 4 days or longer might as well do it yourself.

We are a few cruises away from free laundry on Princess. Somehow Carnival who gives free laundry to platinums can do same day.

Wow if 4 days or longer might as well do it yourself.

We are a few cruises away from free laundry on Princess. Somehow Carnival who gives free laundry to platinums can do same day.

Maybe they have less Platinum guests than Princess has Elites? Or maybe the manage it better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is one issue we do have with Princess. On our last two cruises (both on the Regal) there was a notice in our cabin that laundry turn around would be about 72 hours! We cruise many lines and get free laundry on quite a few. On Holland America (where we are 5 Star Mariners) we get unlimited laundry. The normal HAL standard is that any laundry you send out will be returned by late afternoon of the following day...and they will even put all your shirts (even T shirts) on hangers. Most of the time we can send out laundry in the morning and have it back later that same day.

We think Princess is simply trying to discourage Elites from sending out laundry. There is no excuse for 48, 72 or 96 hours!

Hank

Maybe they have less Platinum guests than Princess has Elites? Or maybe the manage it better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are just back from a two week Carnival cruise that will typically attract lots of Diamonds and Platinums, well over 1000 in total.

Told room steward before 10 am we had laundry to be picked up and got it back by 6 pm same day.

Typically we find service much better on Princess but in this regard Carnival wins hands down.

That’s not a change. I’ve had that several times over the last three years. One cruise, it was eight days.

That was the Royal TA. Was nasty.

Four days is too long. When we were on the CB in August, most of our batches came back the next evening. One took two days.

Recently off of the Crown TA and there was a note in our Cabin that it would take

four days for laundry.

We went to the Circle Host and asked what the problem was.

Quite frankly, she had a "take it or leave it" attitude.

We came back to our Cabin and decided to "leave it".

E-mailed our TA and cancelled two Princess cruses.

(Total days: 59)

Rebooked with an other Cruise Line.

8 DAYS? (not screaming at you) Even if you are on a 30 day cruise that's a long time to wait for laundry. I'm sure on a long cruise elites would pack less than non elites factoring in the laundry service. Even I pack less when sailing on Princess knowing they have the passenger laundry room.

This is one issue we do have with Princess. On our last two cruises (both on the Regal) there was a notice in our cabin that laundry turn around would be about 72 hours! We cruise many lines and get free laundry on quite a few. On Holland America (where we are 5 Star Mariners) we get unlimited laundry. The normal HAL standard is that any laundry you send out will be returned by late afternoon of the following day...and they will even put all your shirts (even T shirts) on hangers. Most of the time we can send out laundry in the morning and have it back later that same day.

We think Princess is simply trying to discourage Elites from sending out laundry. There is no excuse for 48, 72 or 96 hours!

Hank

I think you're right as we asked our room steward to check on our laundry after 3 days and he said he was told not to return it for 96 hours, but after we asked him to check on it it was all done and in our room in half an hour

We're sailing the Royal Nov. 30 for 10 days. Before I pack, I'm thinking of calling the Captain's Circle person a week prior to sailing and asking how many Elites will be on board. We have never waited more than 2 days for laundry, but have only been sailing longer cruises in the off season since turning Elite.

WOW! Our last cruse, we sent a bag of laundry out every day, except the last and got it back the next day. Granted we were in a suite and it was a 15 day cruise, but still. Waiting 4+ days for your laundry seems like a LONG LONG time.

Full Suites always get next day service elite or not