Uber or Lyft in San Juan

Tony O

I have not been able to find recent info about Uber or Lyft in San Juan. The only info i have seen is that they were having issues within regular taxi drivers.

Anyone have recent experience with them ?

I hopefully plan to use them from airport to hotel then hotel to cruise port.

Thanks in advance

I have not been able to find recent info about Uber or Lyft in San Juan. The only info i have seen is that they were having issues within regular taxi drivers.

Anyone have recent experience with them ?

I hopefully plan to use them from airport to hotel then hotel to cruise port.

Thanks in advance

Cannot use from airport but you can use from hotel to pier, and from pier “to” airport. Just try to avoid ordering an Uber near a taxi stand as they do have beef with each other.

Taxi from airport is very safe and regulated. Best option.

Cannot use from airport but you can use from hotel to pier, and from pier “to” airport. Just try to avoid ordering an Uber near a taxi stand as they do have beef with each other.

Taxi from airport is very safe and regulated. Best option.

Lyft has no service yet in PR. The tensions between Uber and Taxi drivers have been on check lately. Uber can pick you up at your hotel but bear in mind that they can enter the hotel to drop off passengers. When picking up, drivers will usually instruct you as to where the proper pick-up area is. This is usually curbside just in front of the hotel. Same thing at the piers. You will be instructed where to go to be picked up. No service FROM the airport but no problem if you're going TO the airport. Other than that, service is as reliable as in basically any city.

• 3 weeks later...

I flew in yesterday, and it could not have been easier. The taxi stand is right outside when you leave baggage claim, and they tell you upfront the cost. I’m at a hotel near the pier, and the cost was $19.

Cost included an airport tax and a per-piece luggage charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I flew in yesterday, and it could not have been easier. The taxi stand is right outside when you leave baggage claim, and they tell you upfront the cost. I’m at a hotel near the pier, and the cost was $19.

Cost included an airport tax and a per-piece luggage charge.

Is that per person or per taxi?

Is that per person or per taxi?

The taxi was about $16. Then a buck each for the airport tax, one piece of luggage, and one passenger. I think each additional passenger and each additional suitcase would be another dollar.

Taxis that operate around the tourist areas have fixed rates per zone. There are five zones total. Quoted prices are per trip, not per passenger, up to 5 passengers. Vans capable of transporting up to 7 passengers charge $2 each for passenger 6 and 7. All trips include a $2 fuel charge and those originating from the airport add $1. Price for each piece of luggage that does not travel on you lap is $1.

The most expensive trip is from SJU to old San Juan. Base price in $19+$1 airport charge+$2 fuel charge= $22. Luggage and tips are extra.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app