How to get cheaper cabin rates?

raftman

Hello all. We are going to book a reservation on the Symphony of the Seas but there is going to be five of us. I see where they only allow 4 people in a stateroom. There are other members of family going also. So my question is can one of my kids be booked in another room with just 2 people. Then come over to sleep with us at night. Kids are 10, 9, and 6. I don't want to have to book two staterooms. Any suggestions out there or am i missing something here. Thanks!

Hello all. We are going to book a reservation on the Symphony of the Seas but there is going to be five of us. I see where they only allow 4 people in a stateroom. There are other members of family going also. So my question is can one of my kids be booked in another room with just 2 people. Then come over to sleep with us at night. Kids are 10, 9, and 6. I don't want to have to book two staterooms. Any suggestions out there or am i missing something here. Thanks!

Once you are on the ship, they don't care where anyone sleeps.

You might want to call or have your TA check out price for a cabin for 5 people. As others have said, once on board no one cares where people sleep; however, you would need to make sure that the other family/friends you book them with have at least a 3-person cabin. There has to be a bed for each person on the reservation, even though you might not plan to use it. Also could mean one child is assigned a different muster station.

Recommend a 5-person cabin, or at least check out the price of two cabins. It's very tight with 4 in a standard cabin; would be tough to sleep 5. I understand about booking and then all together at night, but have you thought about where 5 people (although kids) are going to sleep.

Sometimes two cabins can be as cheap as one for four people. Just make sure your price it out both ways to be sure. Just kind of depends on supply and demand for the given week.

This is definitely true! Depending on when you travel, etc., the two cabin option may be the same price.

Also I booked my grandson in my mom's stateroom and he slept with his parents. All can work out that way too!

Sometimes two cabins can be as cheap as one for four people. Just make sure your price it out both ways to be sure. Just kind of depends on supply and demand for the given week.

For our next cruise, 2 connecting interiors was effectively cheaper than 1 with 4 people. It was about $20 more but came with an extra $50 OBC. If we just chose the cheapest two cabins and not worried about connecting, it would've been cheaper with more OBC.

This has been true for us too. For our next cruise booking 3 cabins of 2 was cheaper than a quad and a double or 2 triple cabins.