charles de gaulle airport

porcia

We are on the Oct 16 Star Clipper transatlantic and air is via Paris to Nice. I have not been thru de Gaulle, but am reading it is very difficult to navigate. Has anyone been from 2E to customs and to 2F? Amount of time it takes?

Thanks for your help.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Porcia

This is the first time I've been on the 'boards' for a while and see that they've been redesigned. I guess we can't continue on the previous threads so I'm starting fresh.

I'm wondering whether you have learned anything more about getting through the Paris airport?

I guess there would be several options to get to Cannes from Nice. We will be arriving a day or so early so I don't know whether we can plan on Star Clippers to arrange transfers which I'm sure they would if we were going directly to the ship.

Also am wondering whether you've gleaned any more info about boarding the Clipper in Cannes. In your last post you had said you thought we'd be tendered to the ship, luggage and all!! That seems to us to be a challange. Not the riding in the tenders, we've done that many times during our previous trips but to bring all the luggage in them sounds like a big project. Maybe they'll use a larger vessal for the luggage.

I imagine we'll learn a lot more from them next month, once they've received all the money.

Have you identified any other passengers for the Oct 16th Clipper crossing?

Enjoy your summer.

Hi....Re CDG he should be getting back in a week or so and we should hear about getting thru and over to customs and to local Air France terminal.

I still think it is tender based on what I have seen. I have not heard yet how much Star Clippers wants re picking you up the day before, but you have to stay in the hotel that they select. Nor, have I got any info on what that hotel as yet. I'll try to ask again soon.

As am I new to this message board stuff, is there a way for us to share email without passing our email addresses to the world? Seems like there was someone else on the old board that is also going on this boat, but don't remember the login name.

See ya...(in October)

• 4 weeks later...

According to Air France, the international flight from the US still lands at 2C and then you either walk or shuttle over to 2F to continue on to Nice. You do not go thru customs until you get to Nice. CDG is just considered a pass thru. So does not appear to be much of an issue. Porcia

Hi Porcia

Thanks for the update. It sounds as though we should not have any particular problems getting around at CDG.

I've looked into the hotel in Cannes and have changed our arrangements to stay there thanks to the info you provided. I'm glad to have SC making the arrangements. Now let's hope that getting a non-smoking room is possible. grampylo

Hi Grampylo....We also asked for a non-smoking room. It appears to be a business hotel, so we "should" be able to get one. We leave Atlanta on the evening of the 14th and arrive Nice on the afternoon of Oct 15. And, boy am I excited. I asked for a late checkout and they told me to be sure and ask the hotel when we check in. Oh yes, called Air France and they have our reservations even tho we have not heard from SC. AF let me pick seats. Configuration of the 777-200ER is 3--3--3 in coach. Porcia

Archived