how to find Uber at Port of Miami?

BostonGal35

if i order Uber for a ride to FLL, is there a specific area where they will pick us up? is it a nightmare to find your driver/car? we will be getting off the ship at the last possible minute, if that makes any difference (hoping crowds are thinner then and Uber drivers in area doing drop offs for the next sail).

We did have some small issues using Uber from Port of Miami. It was kind of chaotic and the staff weren't letting cars stop to pick people up. We ended up with the first Uber unable to find us and cancelling (or so they said), but the second one was OK. I had to keep running up and down looking for it while my husband stood with the luggage! It was the restrictions on stopping even for a minute that caused the issue, as you had to spot the car before it sailed right by you. They would allow the car to pause while you loaded luggage and got in, but they were not allowing cars to stop and wait.

We probably got off during peak time, so maybe if you wait until it's quiet it will be much easier!

We did have some small issues using Uber from Port of Miami. It was kind of chaotic and the staff weren't letting cars stop to pick people up. We ended up with the first Uber unable to find us and cancelling (or so they said), but the second one was OK. I had to keep running up and down looking for it while my husband stood with the luggage! It was the restrictions on stopping even for a minute that caused the issue, as you had to spot the car before it sailed right by you. They would allow the car to pause while you loaded luggage and got in, but they were not allowing cars to stop and wait.

We probably got off during peak time, so maybe if you wait until it's quiet it will be much easier!

Yes, this was our experience last November. The driver was not allowed to stop in one section of the lane. Once we identified the driver we walked up to where she had stopped - not a big deal but a little confusing.

When I did this last year, I just stood on a "median" where people are picked up and dropped off, near where some people were standing with their suitcases and looking at their phones (assuming they were doing the same as me, which may not have been the case). I summoned a ride, and it showed up, and we were gone. He/she found a spot to pull in at the right moment. If there was an official spot to do it, I didn't see it.

Try SAS Transportation. Very reasonable and they pick you up at the port and take you to FLL. We use them all the time. Check out their website.

Used them twice. First time was not a problem. Second time we were stuffed in an older van. I will not do that again. DW was not happy with me.

Like tef43 stated above, it is easy to use Uber. We always fly into/out of FLL and last time used Uber to get to/from the Port of Miami. A friend who uses Uber gave us a code for $15 off three trips. So our trips were less than $15! It was great!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Like tef43 stated above, it is easy to use Uber. We always fly into/out of FLL and last time used Uber to get to/from the Port of Miami. A friend who uses Uber gave us a code for $15 off three trips. So our trips were less than $15! It was great!

That is a promo code available to first time riders. Now the promo is $15 off your first ride. Whoever gives the code also gets $15 off their next ride.

If anyone needs a code, here is mine: 6y3g9

Enjoy the cruise! [emoji41]

Neal from Cincinnati.

TIP: Whenever I need to meet someone (Uber driver, guide, excursion, etc.) I wear a "RED" or whatever color hat that I take with me. Then let the person know to look for it. Sure, there may be 3 red hats, but still easy for the other person to find you.

Yes, Uber picks up a the port on the "island" across from the terminal exit.