Mexican Food on the Star - mexico cruise?

cruisingteachers4

I really enjoyed the Blue Iguana Cantina on Carnival - fresh homemade tortillas, salsa bar, best mexican food I've ever had on a cruise ship.

Question: Is there any place to get Mexican food besides O'Sheehan's nachos and fajitas?

For those of you who have tried the nachos and fajitas - are they any good?

Thank you for your knowledge!!

there isn't a Mexican restaurant like the Blue Iguana on the Star. I think the nachos in O'Sheehans (and occasionally in the MDR at lunch) are really good - I order them with extra cheese and extra sour cream - the chips almost taste "homemade". The fajitas aren't bad - it's a small portion - they don't come out sizzling like in a Mexican restaurant or anything. In the Garden Cafe (buffet) they often have a build your own nachos section and quesadillas or burritos - it's hit or miss so you just have to be on the look out for it.

Question: Is there any place to get Mexican food besides O'Sheehan's nachos and fajitas?

Occasioanlly there will be a smallish taco bar option in the Garden Cafe.

O'Sheehan's fajitas are off the hook, but a very small portion size.

there isn't a Mexican restaurant like the Blue Iguana on the Star. I think the nachos in O'Sheehans (and occasionally in the MDR at lunch) are really good - I order them with extra cheese and extra sour cream - the chips almost taste "homemade". The fajitas aren't bad - it's a small portion - they don't come out sizzling like in a Mexican restaurant or anything. In the Garden Cafe (buffet) they often have a build your own nachos section and quesadillas or burritos - it's hit or miss so you just have to be on the look out for it.

This might be pedantic (it is!), but it's important to me - when you say 'extra cheese' I take it this means the nachos come with actual, real melted cheese and not the awful cheese sauce that creeps its way into the dish in so many places? I had it in my head NCL did a cheese sauce...

This might be pedantic (it is!), but it's important to me - when you say 'extra cheese' I take it this means the nachos come with actual, real melted cheese and not the awful cheese sauce that creeps its way into the dish in so many places? I had it in my head NCL did a cheese sauce...

no, unfortunately it is the cheesy fake stuff but still not bad at all.I know what you mean though. Maybe we should all bring our own hot sauce if nothing else. :confused:

no, unfortunately it is the cheesy fake stuff but still not bad at all.I know what you mean though. Maybe we should all bring our own hot sauce if nothing else. :confused:

That's a shame - I've often thought to make my own in the buffet with real cheese, except there's nothing to melt it with (hairdryer? );p I must say the guacamole I had on Jade a few cruises ago is the best I've ever had in my life and it was a big green mountain of pleasure that I couldn't pass every time I was in the buffet - made it even harder that I couldn't have 'proper' nachos with real cheese and that guac!

I love Mexican food and wish Carnival's Blue Iguana made its way to NCL. I generally don't like Carnival but for Blue Iguana and Guy's Burger alone I'd maybe be tempted... I don't think any of NCL's food partnerships have hit it off in the same way - Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville anyone?

The nachos I Had at O’Sheehans a couple years ago, were the worst nachos I’ve ever had. Maybe it was just a bad batch, but the fake cheese was watered down, they were gross.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The nachos I Had at O’Sheehans a couple years ago, were the worst nachos I’ve ever had. Maybe it was just a bad batch, but the fake cheese was watered down, they were gross.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I can understand what you are saying, but we didn't find the fake cheese watered down and we certainly didn't expect honest to goodness great Mexican nachos so for us they were pretty decent