Any hidden advantages to the suites on the Liberty?

greensha

Edit: I meant the Legend, not the Liberty. I've looked at so many cruises this weekend I keep getting confused.

We are planning on going on the Legend next March and I am weighing paying the extra for one of the suites. Are there any hidden extras that come along with these rooms such as better/different room service?

How big are the whirlpool baths? Can you get two people in them? I'm going to have a hard time selling the extra expense to my GF (even though I'm paying!) if we can't relax in the tub while sipping Champagne.

Thanks,

Andy

No 'hidden' extras except priority check-in.

The whirlool tub is a bathtub not a hot tub so it only fits one comfortably. If you're both skinny it will fit two but it's not comfy with a tap in your neck.

The tubs won't fit two so that doesn't sound like a selling point for you guys. If you can book one of the Cat.11 aft wrap-around suites, now you have a selling point. The balcony space alone is over 200 sq.ft.:)

You will receive priority embarkation and debarkation with any suite from Tampa so that is a nice benefit.

Thanks for the quick replies. I've looked at so many different ships this weekend I keep forgetting which is which. I've done a couple of the bigger Carnival ships, but nothing as small the Legend. Looking the the deck plans it seems like it doesn't have the big atrium with a lobby bar with the upper levels having expensive shops. In fact, from the deck plans I get the impression that it is quite a bit smaller and "tighter" than the Victory or the Glory for example. Is this right?

Thanks again,

Andy

PS Yeah, we are both pretty skinny!

The Legend has an atrium with a lobby bar and glass elevators. It's shops are better organized than the Destiny/Triumph/Conquest class ships also IMHO. The Spirit class ships (Legend is a Spirit class ship) are narrower but longer than the other ships you mention. The have fewer passengers so in reality they offer a less crowded ship. What I don't like about the Spirit class ships is that the evening venues are spread out. On the Destiny/Triumph/Conquest ships the clubs are all located together which gives a much livelier buzz.

Victory is 101,000 tons, Glory is 110,000 tons. Legend is 88,500 tons. She is, however, longer than the Victory. She is a long narrow ship. You will find that you only ever need the elevator to decks 2 and 9.

Definintely an atrium and I am sure there is a lobby bar too.

Archived