Post cruise flight time from Sao Paulo in March, 2014

Miss Jolly

I thought that I had posted this earlier in the day, but as I cannot find it, I shall repost and hope that I am not repeating myself to you.:p

We will be returning to the port of Santos on Royal Caribbean Splendour of The Seas at 8:30am on a Sunday morning (9th March, 2014) and I have worked out that after catching a taxi or independent transfer to the CGH airport and allowing for delays, we could book our flight to Rio at about 1;30pm or 2pm. I would even be happy with the 3:10pm flight. However, the Cruiseline is advising not to book a flight before 4:30pm.:( Also - if we wish to use their less expensive transfer, we MUST NOT book a flight before 4:30pm.

Has anyone with similar experience advice for me on a suitable flight time please?

I thought that I had posted this earlier in the day, but as I cannot find it, I shall repost and hope that I am not repeating myself to you.:p

We will be returning to the port of Santos on Royal Caribbean Splendour of The Seas at 8:30am on a Sunday morning (9th March, 2014) and I have worked out that after catching a taxi or independent transfer to the CGH airport and allowing for delays, we could book our flight to Rio at about 1;30pm or 2pm. I would even be happy with the 3:10pm flight. However, the Cruiseline is advising not to book a flight before 4:30pm.:( Also - if we wish to use their less expensive transfer, we MUST NOT book a flight before 4:30pm.

Has anyone with similar experience advice for me on a suitable flight time please?

There are flights between Sao Paulo and Rio every 15 minutes. The best bet is book a later flight to guarantee your slot, and when you arrive at the airport, swap to an earlier one, if there is availability.

There are flights between Sao Paulo and Rio every 15 minutes. The best bet is book a later flight to guarantee your slot, and when you arrive at the airport, swap to an earlier one, if there is availability.

I like this idea.

By the way. I called Choice Air again and was told to book a flight "after 10:00 am" by one person. I immediately telephoned again to double check with another person who told me "after 4:30pm". They suggested I call Royal Caribbean Reservations Dept to find out why so late. When I did this it was explained to me that Choice Air probably only had their contracted flights available after 4:30pm but if I could get an earlier flight independently, then to get one - allowing for disembarkation by 10am as we arrive in at 8:00am.

Edited by Miss Jolly