Valuetrips ANY LUCK?

toxicfairy

I just tried them earlier this week and they replied back within a day but they told me the date I wanted was blacked out even though their website does not list the date! I sent a reply back over two days ago questioning this but no reply.

I made a reservation 2 weeks ago for May 4th. After 2 days I received my confirmation number with which I checked my booking on the Hyatt website.

I also communicated with the Hyatt Place Guest Relations manager and all is set. Great value!

I recently booked them for December 26 and didn't receive a response for a week. Also, the message was in my junk folder, which I don't regularly check.

Check your junk or spam folder - it may have been delivered there. Otherwise, give them a few more days.

I got my confirmation from Valuetrips today. So happy as it is only $121. ( total) for a room with 2 double beds and a pull out sofa. There will be 4 of us , my husband and I plus my 21 yr old daughter and 17 yr old step daughter. So it will be perfect. I got the Hyatt place in Fort Lauderdale in August. I called the Hyatt directly to confirm just to be safe!

I got my confirmation from Valuetrips today. So happy as it is only $121. ( total) for a room with 2 double beds and a pull out sofa. There will be 4 of us , my husband and I plus my 21 yr old daughter and 17 yr old step daughter. So it will be perfect. I got the Hyatt place in Fort Lauderdale in August. I called the Hyatt directly to confirm just to be safe!

I'm glad someone is having luck with Valuetrips. :rolleyes:

I guess someone on Cruise Critic is connected with them as I see my other post saying I was disappointed with them is gone!

Still haven't received a reply back to my question as to why my date in May is supposedly blacked out.

I booked pre-cruise & post cruise stay with them at fantastic prices. The bookings were made on a Saturday so I'll give then some leeway. But i've read on other threads that it takes a couple of days for a response.

Redsgj...why do you assume that someone has a connection because they got a quick response?

I did NOT say anything about the response time re connection. What I said was

I guess someone on Cruise Critic is connected with them as I see my other post saying I was disappointed with them is gone!

I had started another thread about Valuetrips which has been deleted. That is was I was talking about re connection.

Just booked a room with them for May 9, it did take a few days for them to get back to me. I have used them several times and always get the Hyatt. Nice hotel for the price, this time it was $99. plus tax. It may be blacked out if their allotment of rooms at the cheaper price are already gone. If I don't use them I have used Priceline or Hotwire with great results.

It usually takes about 48 hours. However if their inventory is low, they may take a day or two longer to work with Hyatt Place for more rooms. SOmetimes during peak seasons, they can't get any more. And then you are turned away.

eandj.....would they turn you away after booking?

No. If you are booked you are good to go. Once you are confirmed with V trips, wait a couple days and call the hotel direct to reconfirm and get a hotel confirmation number, as well as make any bed requests etc that you'd like on your res.

If the room is not avail for your date, you will be told that by V trips.

Still waiting for that confirmation. It was made this past Saturday, so I figure 2 business days brings us to Tuesday or Wednesday. By booked you mean online reservation, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HMSDingy~ you should hear something soon. It took them 5 days to respond to me, and the message was delivered to my spam folder so be sure to check your junk folder daily.

If this doesn't come through don't worry - you can usually get killer deals on priceline and/or hotwire. In fact, we usually pay less than we're paying for the Hyatt through Valuetrips (but I like the location for dinner and Total Wine!).

Tks. But don't you get the name of the hotel after booking with Priceline & hotwire to get the good deals or am I missing something. Just checked Priceline & the price for the Hyatt is at $143.

Edited by HMSDingy

Tks. I've booked with Valuetrips both our pre & post cruise stays in Ft. Lauderdale on June 20th & June 28th at the Hyatt. For most part, I've always booked directly with the hotel thereby getting the confirmation right away. I haven't received anything from Valuetrips & I'm getting worried. I would hate to lose the possibility of getting a good price from another site waiting for an answer from Valuetrips. The booking was made this past Saturday & it's now 3 days & no news.

Same story here. Booked Saturday, no answer. I emailed them earlier this morning and haven't heard back.

I did check my credit card and at least nothing has been charged yet. A concern is that Valuetrips will have made the booking, never notified me, and then I will be a "no show" at the hotel and charged for the room. Our stay is coming very soon.

Edited by jarand

Here is what we experienced booking through ValueTrips for our upcoming cruise:

Reserved through web site on a Monday or Tuesday. Did not receive confirmation until the following Saturday. Confirmation included an actual Hyatt confirmation number. NOTE: No charges were made to our credit card at any time.

Checked on Hyatt's website and sure enough, confirmation number is correct and live. Linked it to our Hyatt Gold Passport account as well. Added notes about late checkin and request for a single King size.

That's it. Granted this was in September of last year, so perhaps things have changed with ValueTrips, but based on what we have experienced so far, I would recommend them.