Distilled Water?

StupidLamb

Does anyone know if we will be able to bring a gallon of distilled water onboard for a C-Pap machine? We would also be bringing some bottled water but I know there is a limit to how much you can bring.....do you think they would count the distilled water into that limit? I hope not because it is not drinking water for us, just for the machine.....

Oh...sorry I didn't say....we are sailing on the Carnival Conquest! Thanks for any information y'all can give!!!

Patti

Thanks so much for the fast reply y'all!!!

I am going to just bring it with me and see what they say.....I really don't feel comfortable using tap water....I know I have to keep my machine really clean, and I do, but the distilled water keeps anything from building up and I definitely don't want to be breathing in any kind of bacteria....I need to enjoy my cruise!!!!

It's good to know that it is available on the ship also!!!

Thanks!!!!

Does anyone know if we will be able to bring a gallon of distilled water onboard for a C-Pap machine? We would also be bringing some bottled water but I know there is a limit to how much you can bring.....do you think they would count the distilled water into that limit? I hope not because it is not drinking water for us, just for the machine.....

Oh...sorry I didn't say....we are sailing on the Carnival Conquest! Thanks for any information y'all can give!!!

Patti

Great question - We leave in 2 days and my husband has a CPAP and I had the same question a few weeks ago.

The answer is: YES you can bring a gallon of water HOWEVER; I was told by 2 Customer Service reps that the medical water counts to the allotment of non-alcoholic drinks you can bring onboard. Per Carnival policy, you can bring a maximum of 12 bottles of soda/water that are 20 oz or less. I wanted to bring diet coke with me to save a few bucks but in order to do that I would have not bring the distilled water.

Personally, I think that is silly considering it's for medical equipment but they said that was their policy.

As an alternative Carnival said I could request a gallon of distilled water from the cabin steward for $4 per gallon. :( That is what we will do.

You may also be interested to note they told me that medical equipment had to be registered in advance. Basically she said they make a note in our record that he is bringing the machine. If you haven't let them know you may want to.

Have a great trip!

Thanks so much for the great information!!! I will let them know we are bringing it. Wow.....$4 a gallon.....but I guess if we will be able to bring the bottled water, the savings from not having to buy that much water on board will be worth it!!

This is our first cruise....can you tell????? I am soooo excited!!! I see the port every day when I drive to work and whenever a ship is there I get more excited!!! Today there was a ship from I think P&O cruise lines....not sure if that is right....it was the Oceana.....

I love this board!!! So very helpful!!! Thanks again y'all!!!

Patti

Great question - We leave in 2 days and my husband has a CPAP and I had the same question a few weeks ago.

The answer is: YES you can bring a gallon of water HOWEVER; I was told by 2 Customer Service reps that the medical water counts to the allotment of non-alcoholic drinks you can bring onboard. Per Carnival policy, you can bring a maximum of 12 bottles of soda/water that are 20 oz or less. I wanted to bring diet coke with me to save a few bucks but in order to do that I would have not bring the distilled water.

Personally, I think that is silly considering it's for medical equipment but they said that was their policy.

When u go to a port u can buy more soda and bring in it on....

When u go to a port u can buy more soda and bring in it on....

Very true! You can bring on more soda/water at the ports.

For me, several of the ports I have full day excursions booked so I wasn't sure I'd have to time to pick up soda/water. We'll just bring the the initial 12 on board and if we need to buy more then we will :)

Thanks so much for the great information!!! I will let them know we are bringing it. Wow.....$4 a gallon.....but I guess if we will be able to bring the bottled water, the savings from not having to buy that much water on board will be worth it!!

This is our first cruise....can you tell????? I am soooo excited!!! I see the port every day when I drive to work and whenever a ship is there I get more excited!!! Today there was a ship from I think P&O cruise lines....not sure if that is right....it was the Oceana.....

I love this board!!! So very helpful!!! Thanks again y'all!!!

Patti

Yeah!! I'm sure you will have a fabulous trip! This is only my 4th cruise and the excitment level is just as high today as it was before my first cruise! :p They really are such fun! Only 2 more days and I'll be having a DOD on the Lido deck. :D

BTW: I also read on another thread about CPAP's that you should bring a small new or good condition extension cord. You can never tell how far away the nearest plug may be. Better safe than sorry!

Wow!! Good to know we can get water in the ports and bring it back on....

Also thanks for the tip on the extension cord....VERY helpful!!!

Christie: How exciting!!!! Have a great trip!!!!

Patti

This is what the plug looks like on Fantasy so I took a electric power strip because hubby has a c-pap also...https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-cQeW1JDWAhg/TxtMP98nI-I/AAAAAAAAG84/0QSQ5LCSdUw/s400/DSC03624.JPG

There have been other threads on this subject and I learned that the ship's water is filtered so that it is usable in a cpap machine. My husband used the ships water with his machine this summer and didn't have any problems during or after.

My husband has brought his cpap on every cruise, and never had to let them know before hand. He asked his dr. about the water on board ships, the dr. told him the process they use to filter the water makes it fine for cpap use. He's never had a problem.

Bring an extension cord, pack it in the bag with the cpap (always carry it on, if you've seen them tossing luggage around you know you don't want your cpap in one of those bags!).

Thanks so much for the fast reply y'all!!!

I am going to just bring it with me and see what they say.....I really don't feel comfortable using tap water....I know I have to keep my machine really clean, and I do, but the distilled water keeps anything from building up and I definitely don't want to be breathing in any kind of bacteria....I need to enjoy my cruise!!!!

It's good to know that it is available on the ship also!!!

Thanks!!!!

Exactly, and if in doubt about distilled or tap, your Dr. would be the one to trust, not strangers on the web.

Enjoy your cruise.

Archived