The Pub

Chit-Chatter about just about anything with other UK Cruisers!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:43 PM.
Leeds, England
7 Posts
Joined Apr 2014
Anyone from around the North West?
OH has been offered a job just outside Manchester and we're looking at living a lot further out, he's used to a commute and we thought prices would be cheaper but from the info we've been sent (http://www.bridgfords.co.uk/forsaleoffice/Woolston/38) I'm not sure. Has anyone got any suggestions about living in or around Warrington and working in Manchester?
Hampshire Coast, England
966 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
When you say just outside Manchester, do you mean on the west side of Manchester? That is the Warrington side. Will he be driving to work or using the train?

Have you looked on Rightmove.co.uk?
Leeds, England
7 Posts
Joined Apr 2014
Yes, the west side.
He drives to work at the moment but if we were near a station and there was a good link he'd be happy to get the train.

Had a quick look on rightmove but it's hard to narrow the areas down.
Near a pier
406 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
There is a railway station at Newton Le Willows which has a train service to Manchester. This is north of Warrington, near the M62. I know the area as I live a few mile further north and used to go to our office in Manchester, sometimes by train.
Cheshire England
1,824 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
We have 4 stations in Warrington on the Liverpool to Manchester line ie Great Sankey, Padgate, and the main ones are Birchwood and Warrington Central.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Contact Me