Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

I'm just wondering, has anyone here been on the same sailing as another member? It seems like we're all ships passing in the night :cool:

We have two sailing in 2013.

May 12 - Norwegian Breakaway (inaugural cruise out of NYC to Bermuda/the honeymoon we never had)

Aug. 11 - Allure of the Seas (3rd annual family and friends cruise)

The Condado Plaza was such a wonderful and beautiful hotel. I would recommend it to anyone . Do a per-cruise stay or post, it was great.

I didn't love being there from 3pm - 9pm as we didn't get to go relax on a beach and didn't like being in a foreign place in the dark. However, I did see the same beautiful sights and enjoyed the relaxing feel of the city.

I'm just wondering, has anyone here been on the same sailing as another member? It seems like we're all ships passing in the night :cool:

May 12 - Norwegian Breakaway (inaugural cruise out of NYC to Bermuda/the honeymoon we never had)

yes I have been on a cruise with someone from this board.. after all the talk sh decided to bring her wife and daughter on a cruise we were booked on.. We had a blast and we remain friends to this day and she is planning to come on another one with us next year..

p.s. love your wedding pics.. I cant wait to have some of those from our wedding on the Carnival breeze.

yes I have been on a cruise with someone from this board.. after all the talk sh decided to bring her wife and daughter on a cruise we were booked on.. We had a blast and we remain friends to this day and she is planning to come on another one with us next year..

p.s. love your wedding pics.. I cant wait to have some of those from our wedding on the Carnival breeze.

That sounds like the ultimate connection!!

Our cruise time is kind of limited because where I teach I am only off 2 weeks in August, unless we cruise the other week my school is closed which is the week before Christmas and New Years (kind of pricey though). If I try to cruise any other time of year there is no guarantee my time off at work will be approved. This upcoming May I am taking a week off for my honeymoon. I'm submitting the request Jan. 2nd as soon as we get back to work. We are already booked though so even if I have to take the time with out pay, I will.

When are you cruising together next year?

Looking ahead maybe we can join in 2014, no cruise planned so far lol :D

Lipz -

Laura and I have been on the same sailing as another member. We were on the Oasis in 2011 and Allure earlier this year, as well as just finished on the Reflection. We were lucky to have met some really great people on our Oasis sailing and have kept in touch since then. The Allure was our Friends and Family honeymoon cruise. The Reflection -- well, we made contact on Cruise Critic, and showed up at FOD, but couldn't connect. Maybe we'll sail with you at some point!

Janis

Bueller? Anybody going to be joining us on the Mariner of the Seas from Feb 3-10? Love meeting new FOD friends. :D

My wife and I also just booked an Olivia cruise for February 2014 out of Fort Lauderdale!

Lipz -

Laura and I have been on the same sailing as another member. We were on the Oasis in 2011 and Allure earlier this year, as well as just finished on the Reflection. We were lucky to have met some really great people on our Oasis sailing and have kept in touch since then. The Allure was our Friends and Family honeymoon cruise. The Reflection -- well, we made contact on Cruise Critic, and showed up at FOD, but couldn't connect. Maybe we'll sail with you at some point!

Janis

Hi Janis -

Thanks for sharing. I figured that this thread has been around long enough to have at least one couple cruise with another, so this is also good to hear.

As of last night we now have 3 cruises to look forward to in this new year of 2013. I received an email last night from my god daughter's mom and they are giving her eldest a 21st birthday celebration on the Norwegian GEM. It's Christmas week and even though we are already booked for the Breakaway in May and the Allure in August, we are trying to be broke just so we can go!

I've got my wallet closed and will be stingy with my money all year just to make this third cruise. Maybe we'll luck out and meet at least one other couple. I mean the odds have now improved! lol :D

We have never gone on a cruise and met the same people twice. We do have these two great guys that we met on one of our last cruises and we hope to travel with them. We are friends now and keep in touch.

December 23, 2013 - January 1, 2014

Norwegian Gem

..........about to add this to our 2013 cruise roster.....

Anyone else?!?!? :D

We have never gone on a cruise and met the same people twice. We do have these two great guys that we met on one of our last cruises and we hope to travel with them. We are friends now and keep in touch.

That's so great.

Your post just made me realize that we've never had a successful FOD on any of the cruises we've been so far. Most times no one would be there or one or two people would be at the bar but of course it didn't mean there were there for FOD. I hope to one day have experience a great FOD mixer as well.

My partner and I (together 29 years, mid 60's) are scheduled to cruise on the Norwegian Jade out of Rome on back to back Eastern Mediterranean cruises March 16 and March 27. Any other gay or lesbian couples booked on either or both of these?

My partner and I (together 29 years, mid 60's) are scheduled to cruise on the Norwegian Jade out of Rome on back to back Eastern Mediterranean cruises March 16 and March 27. Any other gay or lesbian couples booked on either or both of these?

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

My partner and I had a fabulous Med cruise on the Jade 3 years ago; I think you'll have a great time!

May I suggest that you look for a Gay/Lesbian Roll Call for your two sailings in the G&L Roll Call forum, at this link, and if there are none, start one!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=686

Also, I've always found it a good thing to join the general Roll Call for a cruise over on the Roll Call board for the specific cruise line. The Jade's Roll Calls are at this link in the NCL Roll Call forum; you can see that there are existing Roll Calls for your two cruises:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=360

Have a great trip!

• 2 weeks later...
Just found this board! Dana, my wife and daughter and I are sailing on the Allure the week after you are! So psyched!

I wasn't as excited as I usually am, but now that the new year is here I most certainly AM!!!

Have you decided on your excursions or 'must see' yet?

Have you decided on your excursions or 'must see' yet?

Not quite sure yet. This will be the 3rd cruise in 4 years for us that stops in Nassau. As I've only heard not great things about how queers are treated on certain islands (and I'm a big butch dyke) the first year we were on our honeymoon and did the waterpark at Atlantis which was awesome. Last year our daughter was 9 months old and we were with my in-laws and we did our own walking tour of the island (queen's staircase, etc) and then spent the rest of the day at the British Colonial Hilton near the terminal - great food, great pool, very close to terminal - it was a good choice.

In August, we're going with my wife's whole family, so 8 adults and 3 kids. Our daughter "G" had a great time when she was 9 months, but she wasn't mobile, and we were definitely on a different kind of ship (Carnival Miracle) and now she's kind of a crazy climber, but still will be just over 2 years old, so I'm not quite sure on what kind of excursion we can have there. Any suggestions? Maybe the flamingo zoo place?

I'm hoping that all of the grown-ups can put together some child care options so that me and my wife can go on a snorkel excursion on one of the islands.

Additionally, we're celebrating my in law's 40th anniversary, and they're paying for everything except on board charges. They were VERY smart, got three regular ocean balcony rooms and one jr suite. Because they clean the rooms SO well, we were hoping the three kids would spend every night together sleeping in the suite, and we could rotate which parents/grandparents would be on watch every night, so all the grownups could have a few nights out and child free.

It's SO cold here (like -14 for a low last week) that every time the RC Allure commercial comes on I am alternately sad because I want to go NOW and smiling with excitement.

Hey ladies. I have posted on the roll call board but no one has responded yet. I will be cruisin on the carnival dream March 30th. I am so excited. My other question is what do you wear on formal nights? Post pics please :) I will be dressed in typical formal gowns but I am trying to figure out something formal that my gf can wear that isn't a dress or overly feminine. But not too non-feminine either. Thanks so much!

Not quite sure yet. This will be the 3rd cruise in 4 years for us that stops in Nassau. As I've only heard not great things about how queers are treated on certain islands (and I'm a big butch dyke) the first year we were on our honeymoon and did the waterpark at Atlantis which was awesome. Last year our daughter was 9 months old and we were with my in-laws and we did our own walking tour of the island (queen's staircase, etc) and then spent the rest of the day at the British Colonial Hilton near the terminal - great food, great pool, very close to terminal - it was a good choice.

In August, we're going with my wife's whole family, so 8 adults and 3 kids. Our daughter "G" had a great time when she was 9 months, but she wasn't mobile, and we were definitely on a different kind of ship (Carnival Miracle) and now she's kind of a crazy climber, but still will be just over 2 years old, so I'm not quite sure on what kind of excursion we can have there. Any suggestions? Maybe the flamingo zoo place?

I'm hoping that all of the grown-ups can put together some child care options so that me and my wife can go on a snorkel excursion on one of the islands.

Additionally, we're celebrating my in law's 40th anniversary, and they're paying for everything except on board charges. They were VERY smart, got three regular ocean balcony rooms and one jr suite. Because they clean the rooms SO well, we were hoping the three kids would spend every night together sleeping in the suite, and we could rotate which parents/grandparents would be on watch every night, so all the grownups could have a few nights out and child free.

It's SO cold here (like -14 for a low last week) that every time the RC Allure commercial comes on I am alternately sad because I want to go NOW and smiling with excitement.

We've also done Nassau 3 other times, twice while cruising and once we were down at Atlantis for a week. One of the times we went we did a day pass at the Sheraton hotel. It was a cab ride away but we chose to act like locals took the public bus. It was a group of us and we had a blast. The Sheraton was a good way to get away from crowds and enjoy some pool time as well as the beach. The British Colonial Hilton was our second choice so we know we will go there if we ever get back to Nassau again.

We didn't have any toddlers in our group at the time so I have no idea what's available. I am pretty sure you will find something where she can move around a bit as that's all they really want to do at that age any way.

I love, love, love...the sleeping arrangement idea and having the adults get a turn just being in adults company for the evening!

I don't even want to see the word COLD typed, it's crazy!!! When it went back up in the 20s I was excited. NYC is FREEZING!

By the way, I took a look at your sig and discovered we have had a chance to cruise on the same ships! The Carnival Imagination was our first and so started the addiction......We just did the Miracle this past summer.

So far the Norwegian Jewel has been our favorite though.

Hey ladies. I have posted on the roll call board but no one has responded yet. I will be cruisin on the carnival dream March 30th. I am so excited. My other question is what do you wear on formal nights? Post pics please :) I will be dressed in typical formal gowns but I am trying to figure out something formal that my gf can wear that isn't a dress or overly feminine. But not too non-feminine either. Thanks so much!

I can tell you that 'formal' can run the spectrum. I have seen some real dressing up, and some no dressing up at all. We usually throw on a nice summer dress or pant outfit because we do like to take pictures with the cruise line backdrops. I think most importantly your girl friend should be comfortable, after all....it is vacation!

Just wondering if anyone will be joining my wife Kim and I (Janis) on the Independence of the seas March 10,2013. We will be celebrating 20 years together this year and thought we would do this by experiencing our first cruise. I tried posting a roll call but never heard from anyone.

Here's a pic of what I wore. I am not super butchy, but I did wear a suit that night. Another good idea would be just some nice slacks, with a button down shirt with just a tie or a bowtie. No jacket/blazer needed.

PICT0127.jpg.5e0e14b2845901453c2d3212e55584b3.jpg

We've also done Nassau 3 other times, twice while cruising and once we were down at Atlantis for a week. One of the times we went we did a day pass at the Sheraton hotel. It was a cab ride away but we chose to act like locals took the public bus. It was a group of us and we had a blast. The Sheraton was a good way to get away from crowds and enjoy some pool time as well as the beach. The British Colonial Hilton was our second choice so we know we will go there if we ever get back to Nassau again.

We didn't have any toddlers in our group at the time so I have no idea what's available. I am pretty sure you will find something where she can move around a bit as that's all they really want to do at that age any way.

I love, love, love...the sleeping arrangement idea and having the adults get a turn just being in adults company for the evening!

I don't even want to see the word COLD typed, it's crazy!!! When it went back up in the 20s I was excited. NYC is FREEZING!

By the way, I took a look at your sig and discovered we have had a chance to cruise on the same ships! The Carnival Imagination was our first and so started the addiction......We just did the Miracle this past summer.

So far the Norwegian Jewel has been our favorite though.

I can tell you that 'formal' can run the spectrum. I have seen some real dressing up, and some no dressing up at all. We usually throw on a nice summer dress or pant outfit because we do like to take pictures with the cruise line backdrops. I think most importantly your girl friend should be comfortable, after all....it is vacation!

Hi There, we are not going on the same cruise but I can't wait for our getaway. We are going on a 4 day in Feb., a 15 day in March and I just finished booking a 7 day with our 3 granddaughters in May.

RCCL AND CELEBRITY.

Just wondering if anyone will be joining my wife Kim and I (Janis) on the Independence of the seas March 10,2013. We will be celebrating 20 years together this year and thought we would do this by experiencing our first cruise. I tried posting a roll call but never heard from anyone.

We are all going on different ships around the same time. This year we will go to Cozumel 3 times due to the itinerary. We like to eat at Panchitos. Great music, margaritas, guacamole and food. All the staff from the ships eat there.

I'm in Florida and sorry to say, but the weather is delightful. I will send you some sun.

I'm in Florida and sorry to say, but the weather is delightful. I will send you some sun.

We sure could use the sun here! We got 5cm of snow yesterday and freezing rain last evening. Today they sent all the kids home from school at noon in preparation for another storm coming with freezing rain! I can't wait to get on our cruise! 40 days to go!

Edited by jayrebear

Hi ladies, is anyone else going on the Celebrity Equinox 2/11/13 Ultimate Caribbean cruise? Pied Piper will be on this cruise however we are not part of that group for this particular cruise. Hope to meet other women couples on this cruise. Ann and Rebecca