Automatic Room Assignment

kdrymer

Hello,

I am looking into booking a cruise with Carnival and am considering the automatic room assignment option, where Carnival assigns a room for you within the category you selected. I would like an interior room that has a queen or king size bed (two twins that can be pushed together I believe) and wanted to know if I select the automatic room selection whether Carnival may select a room that can not be setup with the larger bed? Thanks in advance.

Be prepared to accept the worst Cabin in your lowest category. If you get anything else it’s a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is a valid point- it doesn't mean you'll get an interior below the galley with people dropping things loudly at all hours of the night, or above the nightclub where you might hear the bass from the DJ until 2 AM... but if you accept that these could happen, you'll be happier with whatever cabin they give you.

And if it turns out to be a great cabin, you'll be so much more delighted!

Unless you're a heavy sleeper, I'd invest in some earplugs, just in case.

Hello,

I am looking into booking a cruise with Carnival and am considering the automatic room assignment option, where Carnival assigns a room for you within the category you selected. I would like an interior room that has a queen or king size bed (two twins that can be pushed together I believe) and wanted to know if I select the automatic room selection whether Carnival may select a room that can not be setup with the larger bed? Thanks in advance.

Why book a gyt??????????????

Our first cruise, 2007 on the Valor, we booked the Inside Guarantee and ended up on the 10th deck! We thought it must've been a mistake, since we were totally prepared to be in the belly of the ship. It wasn't a mistake and it was amazing and so memorable. Think positive...you just never know.

Why book a gyt??????????????

They are asking a question. Do you have anything constructive or helpful to add? Or are you just trying to pad your post count?

I believe the poster asked "why book a gyt" cuz the OP seems to have some specific requirements (as listed in their post) that they will no longer have control over if CCL chooses the cabin. If you go with guarantee then you need to be prepared to accept whatever you get with no expectations, period. OP may want to just choose their own cabin and make sure they get what they want upfront, no guessing.

We've only booked a guarantee once, but we ended up on Lido deck in a handicap cabin. It was great! They did tell us, though, when we booked that we could end up in a cabin with bunk beds. So, you have got to be okay with that possibility. Not sure what the odds are that it could happen. Maybe some people who book guarantees frequently will chime in on their experiences.

Maybe some people who book guarantees frequently will chime in on their experiences.

I suspect anyone who frequents CC is the type of cruiser to book a guarantee once or twice, and then never again because they want to get a specific room or view or floor or whatever because they now know more about how to maximize their specific enjoyment out of the cruise.

Folks who would book guarantees over and over are [stereotype=on] likely to be college kids or recent post-college youngsters who just need somewhere to crash every night, and just need the cheapest option available. [stereotype=off]

And those stereotypical folks may not be frequent visitors or contributors to the CC fora.

And get off my lawn! I have a cloud I need to go yell at.

Just book a 4A GTY, and that will eliminate the possibility of being assigned an "upper/lower" cabin. I've booked GTY several times, and am rarely disappointed with the assignment. I've also found that the longer it takes, (the closer to sailing date) to assign the cabin, the better the chance of getting a really nice upgrade. Best I ever got, was from a bought, and paid for 4A inside, to an assigned suite! WOW, that was nice, and was assigned to me at the pier, when checking in! ;)

"SKY"

Just a few weeks ago, I booked a balcony GTY through my PVP for my 2/10/2018 sailing on the Miracle. This saved me around $100 because of a special promo Carnival had going. As most have said, I was prepared to be assigned an obstructed view location, and was fine with that. The Carnival website showed that all "favorable" balcony cabins were booked. Imagine my surprise when less than a week after booking I got my assigned cabin of an extended balcony on Deck 7. :D It goes to show that you just never know. Just be prepared to settle for the cheapest location and anything above that is icing on the cake! ;)

Dave