Taxi Drivers

Seavoyage

Has anyone used Lyft or Uber to get from port of Miami to Ft Lauderdale airport after your cruise? If so, any problem with driver picking you up on time? We are trying to decide if we will use them or Super shuttle. Thanks

Last week from port to FLL using LYFT my fair was$11.05

Pick up was at 8:45. Drop off at airport at 9:03.

The highest fair I every had from Port to airport (FLL) was $14.00

Love Lyft there app is easy to use. In fact I feel that there app is better then Uber.

I've had the same experience w/Lyft vs Uber. Both are (surprisingly) available in my small-ish town, but the Lyft app is so much easier to use. Most drivers here work with both Uber and Lyft, so no matter which you use, you're likely to get the same drivers.

Lana in Bellingham, WA

SCAM ALERT:

Always check your UBER charges after your ride to make sure the driver didn’t “accidentally” add on a fake “$20 Cleaning Fee” charge.

I caught a driver trying to do that after taking us from the cruise port to the airport.

Wrote to UBER and had the charges reversed.

In many years of great UBER service, last month in the Fort Lauderdale area, there was a noticeable decline in driver quality and experience!!

I'm confused. We've used Uber many times from the hotel to the port. But they tell us that most times for a pick up, that Uber drivers can usually not enter the port without a fare. And that a better bet sadly, would be a cab, but after 2 horrible experiences with Yellow Cab there, I will stand back and wait for a different cab company. But I would prefer Uber. Anyone have issues with them getting in???

Oh sorry. I realize now that you are referring to pickup at the port and not drop-off. But I am assuming that pass they asked to see upon entrance is what gets them through for pickup. No different than authorized taxis, I'm guessing.

This topic has been discussed several times over the years. Taxi cab driver have gotten better over the years. If you feel you got ripped off, write down cab number, phone number and name of driver. Call cab company and issue complaint. Four years ago I did this plus contacted Port Everglades Authority; noticed many cabs not going shortest route to airport. Bottom line was that PE was aware of issue and trying to correct and I got a check from cab company for full fare I paid plus letter of apology from cab driver.