Will I make my flight

As a Seattle resident and frequent traveler, I can tell you that Seattle is NOT a very large airport. It is sometimes a long ways from where you check in to your gate, but where a shuttle drops you will not be a big issue. The wild card in Seattle is the TSA screening lines. If you have pre-check you are golden for sure.

I would say no problem. Cancel your transfer with the cruise line since you have to wait for the entire bus to fill up. Get a taxi yourself and get dropped right off at the door of your airline. A much safer alternative.

I've never had a problem with the ship's transfer in any port. HAL puts the transfer people in the same color luggage pick-up group, and the bus fills up within a few minutes. I used HAL's airport transfer in Seattle in 2016 for a 12:30 pm flight and had hours to spare.

Roz

A Noon flight is okay.

SeaTac is a very large airport. The shuttles tend to drop everyone off at the same place and you have to make your way to the correct terminal for your airline -- on your own.

Take either a taxi or arrange for a limo service.

I agree it could be a distan ce for you to get yourself and your lugage gto the germinal you need.

I would opt tor a car service o;r taxi to get y ou to your terminal on t ime.

We have a 12 noon flight out of Seattle the day we disembark. Do you think we will make our flight? We have transfers through the cruiseline. Thanks.

Cancel the cruise line transfer and book with Already There Town Car (roughly same price as a taxi) but wonderful service. Mum and I took Town car to the ship and ship to airport last July. Very impressed.

We have a 12 noon flight out of Seattle the day we disembark. Do you think we will make our flight? We have transfers through the cruiseline. Thanks.

Yes, especially if you have Global Entry/TSA Pre-Check. To further hedge your bet, you should consider using the Luggage Direct service (for $25/bag) that will be offered to you onboard. (Attached is a copy of HAL's "Know Before You Go" brochure which describes the Luggage Direct service on page 16.)

KBYG(5).pdf

We did an Alaskan cruise in June 2016. We had an 11:30 am return flight from SEATAC and used the Hal Shuttle. We also used the luggage direct service which I highly rec. We disembarked at about 8:30am and arrived at SEATAC in plenty of time. The airport was quite busy but we were TSA pre-approved and made it to our gate in plenty of time. The only issue we had was we flew SW and we had the concierge print our boarding passes. Unfortunately the bar codes didn't work because they must have pulled the paper out to quickly. Luckily we had the SW app and brought the tickets up .

We ran into a traffic jam on one of our Seattle Disembarks. Another time, Royal Caribbean lost our luggage and they made us wait until all bags were off the ship before letting us fill out the missing luggage form. I hope they would have let us go sooner if we had an earlier flight. I think we had booked airfare and transfer through the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cancel the cruise line transfer and book with Already There Town Car (roughly same price as a taxi) but wonderful service. Mum and I took Town car to the ship and ship to airport last July. Very impressed.

What is the approximate cost of a taxi or an Uber to the airport from the cruise terminal?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

As a seattle resident I can tell you that our TSA lines can be ridiculous! It can be as long as 2 hours. That is the only glitch. The cruise terminal is only 10 minutes from the airport and the airport is small. Just allow for lots of time for TSA

Yes, especially if you have Global Entry/TSA Pre-Check. To further hedge your bet, you should consider using the Luggage Direct service (for $25/bag) that will be offered to you onboard. (Attached is a copy of HAL's "Know Before You Go" brochure which describes the Luggage Direct service on page 16.)
But why pay that when Seattle will do that for free. The form will be in your stateroom or you can ask for it at the Front Desk,

The cruise terminal is only 10 minutes from the airport and the airport is small.

10 minutes? Maybe if Scottie is beaming you over.

The cruise pier is north of downtown, via city streets, and the airport is a goodly distance south of town. I always figure 45 minutes, although I have done it in about a half hour on a Saturday morning. If it's weekday rush hour, it's going to take longer.

The cruise terminal is only 10 minutes from the airport and the airport is small. Just allow for lots of time for TSA

10 minutes? Maybe if Scottie is beaming you over.

The cruise pier is north of downtown, via city streets, and the airport is a goodly distance south of town. I always figure 45 minutes, although I have done it in about a half hour on a Saturday morning. If it's weekday rush hour, it's going to take longer.

Ruth is right. (I live near Seattle) and SeaTac is nowhere near the cruise terminal. It's named SeaTAC(oma) for a reason ;)

The problem you will have is with security. I fly out of Seatac once a month minimum. We use CLEAR. When you get to the airport, go past the Alaska Airlines baggage drop and to your right. As you are facing the big wall, look and see how far back the line goes. From the attendant standing there where the 2 lines split to your gate is about an hour. When you get through the first checkpoint you will know where you stand time wise. If you are going to be late you can pay for CLEAR right there. Its 60 bucks, but cheaper than a missed flight.

But why pay that when Seattle will do that for free. The form will be in your stateroom or you can ask for it at the Front Desk,

... sometimes a service is worth exactly what it costs - I certainly hope the free Seattle baggage service isn't one of them! In any event, I would not rely on any free service if I were on a very tight connection ... but, hey, to each her/his own. Good luck.

didn't think you could use Luggage Direct for early flights (noon) .

didn't think you could use Luggage Direct for early flights (noon) .

We have used it at least twice on 11:30ish (a.m,) flights out of Ft Lauderdale. But don't take my word for it, ask HAL Ship Services or Bags VIP, as the "rules" may change from time to time (as occurred with the fee which went from $19.95 to $25).

We have used it at least twice on 11:30ish (a.m,) flights out of Ft Lauderdale. But don't take my word for it, ask HAL Ship Services or Bags VIP, as the "rules" may change from time to time (as occurred with the fee which went from $19.95 to $25).

thanks, will do.