hotels

joncien

In April 2010, i flew to FLL a day before. LaQuinta was reasonable to me. They have shuttle van between the airport and hotel. They have continental breakfast in the morning including waffle. They do have shuttle service to take to the port. My best advice do not book a return trip with them. The terminal is next to the gates and no congestion from other terminal. Both the hotel to airport and hotel to ship is free at that time Give them a call.

Arriving April 16 Ft. Lauderdale anyone can suggest a reasonably priced hotel with shuttle to the ship included? Thank you, joncien:)

Embassy Suites on 17th Street is very popular with cruisers. Has a complimentary nightly cocktail party and fully cooked breakfast buffet. Rooms are all two-room suites which can be beneficial depending on how many in your party.

Many hotels, including Embassy, do charge for shuttle to pier. Much cheaper to get a cab unless you are traveling solo. Shuttles are around $8-10 per person and cab fare is around $15. Keep that in mind - free shuttle can be a bit of a pain, waiting game, packed, etc.

For the 1 night before a cruise we always use Priceline or Hotwire for the deep discounts. In 7 years we have only gotten one bad hotel all over the world (Florida, California, Paris, Dublin, OSJ, etc) & even that wasn't terrible, just spartan. The amount we save more than makes up for the cost of providing our own transportation to the port.

For the 1 night before a cruise we always use Priceline or Hotwire for the deep discounts. In 7 years we have only gotten one bad hotel all over the world (Florida, California, Paris, Dublin, OSJ, etc) & even that wasn't terrible, just spartan. The amount we save more than makes up for the cost of providing our own transportation to the port.

I agree with this. April is still high season with most hotels charging $ 200 or more a night. Try Hotwire, pick a location with the highest % recommendation and go for it. Will be cheaper in the long run.

Arriving April 16 Ft. Lauderdale anyone can suggest a reasonably priced hotel with shuttle to the ship included? Thank you, joncien:)

I would not focus exclusively on hotels that offer a port shuttle - a taxi from most downtown/17th street area hotels will only run $10-15 and even hotels near the airport are not an expensive cab ride. Uber might save you a few $$ off of those rates.

http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info - start your research there.

The ramada is the closest hotel...nothing fancy schmancy. ..clean...older hotel shuttle and parking available

Closest? To what?

Follow john's advice. Skip the hunt for the shuttle. Limits your choices.

You mention no budget.

Tons of popular hotels are mentioned on these threads.

• 4 weeks later...
The ramada is the closest hotel...nothing fancy schmancy. ..clean...older hotel shuttle and parking available

Uh...closest to the port

There is no Ramada close to the Port Everglades.

It's not a motel I would recommend to my worst enemy. Dump.

The closest Ramada is State Road 84 far from the pier.

Edited by BlueHerons

I have stayed at the Hilton Marina, there is a shuttle to the port for a charge, but you are so close I would hop in a cab, which would probably cost close to shuttle cost, but a lot faster.

Cab is likely cheaper since the shuttle will be per person and yes probably faster since it goes where you want, not every other ship between the hotel and your ship.