Good Miami Beach hotels

SeattleSuz

So, I am looking to stay a couple of nights in Miami Beach prior to our cruise. I looked at South Beach and it seems sooo expensive there, plus it seems like it wouldn't be a very good place to stay and actually get a good night's sleep. Can anyone recommend some hotels that are still easy beach access, but maybe a little bit further North and away from all the South Beach hustle and bustle??

Thanks in advance!!

We stayed in South Beach in a horrid boutique hotel, and although south beach was fun I wouldn't stay there again. We are going with kids this October and are also looking at further up Miami Beach. Be good to get some suggestions here!

Leah

We *almost* did that on our last trip down there, but after reading some of the reviews, we decided to stay in FLL instead. I have been looking at some hotels a bit further North of South Beach, but was hoping for a referral or two...

Check out Hollywood Beach, more specifically the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk. The area is very family-friendly with many inexpensive restaurants along the Broadwalk and across A1A along the Intracoastal Waterway. There are many mom and pop motels as well as the new Margaritaville Resort and the Marriott Hollywood Beach.

http://www.visithollywoodfl.org/hollywoodbeachbroadwalk.aspx

30-40 minutes from Miami.

I don't know what all these 'horrid' beach hotels that don't block out noise are. Even the Clevelander these days is sound proof.

The Pelican, The South Seas, Avalon, Courtyard Marriott, Essex Hotel are among a few reasonable, nice boutique hotels.

It also seems like you are going in the fall which is low season.

I got the Pelican (super hotel, temperpedic beds, blackout curtains) for $50 a night during off season.

You can get the Mondrian which is a luxury hotel in September for $159 a night.

Ah memories. Stayed in half those horrid hotels while looking for RE purchase. Clevelander has an outdoor bar you could hear for a block Larios, Mangoes and more. Locals dine at midnight. You guys dont know what you are missing..Nothing but shopping centers in Fort L.

I can say that the boutique hotel we stayed at was at a fantastic location but that was it.....and it hasn't been mentioned by name by anyone here.....I am sure those are much better choices. This place was a poor choice at the time and put is off. South Beach itself is great but we just didn't have a good experience, a terrible one, terrible service, dirty room, a lot broken in the room and they never repaired....extremely loud.......just wouldn't stay there again.

I will definitely look at some of the other suggestions you have all made!!!

Appreciate it! Would definitely like a pool for the kids!

Leah

We stayed at the Thompson. It was fantastic. Nice room, wonderful staff, and a really good restaurant onsite. It is right on the beach, but north of the heart of south beach. Short ride away. The boardwalk runs behind the hotel, and they have their own beach club.

We found a deal on a travel site and it was so worth the money we spent.

I can say that the boutique hotel we stayed at was at a fantastic location but that was it.....and it hasn't been mentioned by name by anyone here.....I am sure those are much better choices. This place was a poor choice at the time and put is off. South Beach itself is great but we just didn't have a good experience, a terrible one, terrible service, dirty room, a lot broken in the room and they never repaired....extremely loud.......just wouldn't stay there again.

I will definitely look at some of the other suggestions you have all made!!!

Appreciate it! Would definitely like a pool for the kids!

Leah

Why don't you just name the hotel?