Doing Caribbean Culture May 7th - questions

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:09 PM.
Near Tampa, Florida
3,411 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Starting to get things organized (definitely an overplanner) for our May Fathom cruise.

Had a list of questions..Most not very important, but I'm just curious and would appreciate input.

1. Any other CC members from this Board on 5/7 cruise with us? I started a Roll Call, but no responses.

2. Do we pick up pool towels near pool or get in cabin? Sign for these each time we take out?

3. Do we need to make dinner reservations ahead of time for Pacific Grill?

4. Is the room service charge $5 just for breakfast or all the time?

5. I don't quite understand the Super Power thing I read about. How does that work?

6. Early morning coffee available in buffet? (I'm usually up at 5AM!)

Thanks!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Most of my reviews: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...mberName=tbmrt
9/16/17 MSC Divina
5/7/17 Fathom Adonia
12/9/16 Windstar Windsurf
9/10/16 Royal Caribbean Oasis of Seas
11/30/15 Celebrity Equinox
12/12/14 Celebrity Equinox
5/19/14 Caribbean Princess
12/10/13 MSC Divina
12/13/12 Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas
12/14/11 NCL Dawn
12/03/10 NCL Sky
10/16/10 NCL Sun
06/05/10 Bahamas Celebration
12/04/09 NCL Sky Bahamas
11/30/09 Royal Caribbean Majesty Bahamas
11/29/09 NCL DAWN WAS CANCELLED!
12/08/08 Celebrity Solstice Eastern Caribbean
12/07/07 Carnival Legend Western Caribbean
CT
703 Posts
Joined Sep 2011
See comments below in green.

Originally posted by tbmrt
Starting to get things organized (definitely an overplanner) for our May Fathom cruise.

Had a list of questions..Most not very important, but I'm just curious and would appreciate input.

1. Any other CC members from this Board on 5/7 cruise with us? I started a Roll Call, but no responses. Thinking of booking but won't know until I return from the 2/12 sailing

2. Do we pick up pool towels near pool or get in cabin? Sign for these each time we take out? Towels are on the honor system by the pool.

3. Do we need to make dinner reservations ahead of time for Pacific Grill? Pacific Restaurant (free) will take reservations but you can just walk in. Ocean Grill is $25 - I didn't try it.

4. Is the room service charge $5 just for breakfast or all the time? Room service is available 7-11 and 3-10 $5 all times

5. I don't quite understand the Super Power thing I read about. How does that work? Write it on the placard outside your door. Could be just for fun or inspirational saying

6. Early morning coffee available in buffet? (I'm usually up at 5AM!) On the Soundings from my 9/11/16 cruise the buffet opens at 6:30am but I believe coffee is available 24/7. There is a kettle in cabin for tea

Thanks!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Glory May 2010 - Bahamas
Carnival Dream August 2011 - Western Caribbean
Carnival Dream April 2012 - Western Caribbean
Carnival Glory June 2012 - Canada
Carnival Miracle November 2012 - FL and Bahamas
Celebrity Summit June 2013 - Bermuda
Sapphire Princess August 2013 - Alaska Northbound
Carnival Splendor October 2013 - Bahamas and Eastern Caribbean
Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas May 2014 - Transatlantic Eastbound
Celebrity Summit October 2014 - Southern Caribbean Halloween B2B
Caribbean Princess April 2015 Western Caribbean
Star Princess August 2015 - Alaska Northbound
Ruby Princess October 2015 - Mexico
Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas April 2016 - Eastern Caribbean
Fathom Adonia September 2016 - Voluntourism in Dominican Republic - Incredible Experience
Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas December 2016 - FL and Bahamas

2,945 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
1. Any other CC members from this Board on 5/7 cruise with us? I started a Roll Call, but no responses.
Not on, but keep in mind that fathom is TINY and CC peeps make up only a small percentage of people on a much larger ship, so for something as niche market as fathom is, odds are a LOT of people will never have heard of this site.

2. Do we pick up pool towels near pool or get in cabin? Sign for these each time we take out?
Both. They have them by the pool, but my cabin had two in there - and my steward would replace one if I used it (even though it was just for sitting on the chairs as I don't do pools.

3. Do we need to make dinner reservations ahead of time for Pacific Grill?
First-come, first-seated. And usually with others. I always got pushback if I said I would rather have my own table (I was solo) and usually ended up at tables where I ended up feeling very uncomfortable because of the conversations. NOT my idea of fun (plus being gluten-free I was super limited because it is so small they don't have the resources other larger ships do...so that didn't help things).

4. Is the room service charge $5 just for breakfast or all the time?
I don't do room service, but I think it's all the time.

5. I don't quite understand the Super Power thing I read about. How does that work?
Not sure which "Super Power thing" you're talking about. The board outside your door is something you can fill out or not (several of us on the cruise that ended today crossed out "Spirit Animal" and wrote "Patronus". :P

There is a "Find Your Super Power" thing you can do on board where about three of the Impact Guides will put you in small groups of 2 or 3 and ask you some questions, then go off and "deliberate" and come back with your Super Power(s) on a little sticker. It's just for fun...but weirdly several of us found that our "determined" Super Powers seemed to gel with our strengths on the Curiosity Test in the Curiosity Advantage workshop.

6. Early morning coffee available in buffet? (I'm usually up at 5AM!)
Not that early usually. But there is a kettle in the room and a box that has tea and Tasters Choice packets. I brought my own Starbucks Via packets (which I used even in the buffet because the free swill was pretty gross iMHO).
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
beth

*~*~*~

Past Cruises ~ 4/1983 - SS Emerald Seas, Bahamas; 7/2013 - Disney Dream, Bahamas; 2/2014 - Disney Dream, Bahamas; 7/2014 - HAL ms Westerdam, Alaska; 2/2015 - Disney Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean; 7/2015 - RCCL Radiance of the Seas, Alaska; 7/2016 - RCCL Brilliance of the Seas, Mediterranean/Venice; 12/2016 - fathom Adonia, Cuba; 2/2017 - Disney Magic, Bahamas; 4/2017 - fathom Adonia, Cuba and Dominican Republic
Future Cruises ~ 7/2018 - Jewel of the Seas, Greek Isles; 2/2019 - Celebrity Edge, Western Caribbean; 4/2019 - Disney Wonder, Mexican Riviera
1 Posts
Joined Apr 2017
Originally posted by pnlawson
I am also on the May 9 Fathom cruise and was wondering is anyone was interested in joining me for a private tour in Santiago de Cuba.
My daughter and I are on this cruise as well. Have you arranged your private tour?