Hurtigruten Cruise Line?

RMS Olympic

Many times in Norway even though only parts of the route. It's a hybrid between a cruise ship and a ferry. As you sail along the Norwegian coast all the time that's your entertainment! No organised activities as such. Cabins are small however comfortable and functional.

Food is nice but not the standards one finds on cruise ships. Breakfast/Lunch is a buffet, Dinner a set 3 course set menu which can be Norwegian based.

Based on the actual product it can be a pretty pricey trip (even though they just finished a sale)

If you want to book a Norwegian tour book it in Norwegian Kroner on the Norwegian website. Far more cheaper than the US site

Extras like alcohol are Norwegian prices (So get another mortgage before you leave) .

They now also over worldwide expedition type cruises which are very expensive. Worth comparing it to other cruise lines which has more amenities and wider range of service.

They're small ships so a big chance you're the "only gay in the village" Nice, slightly older crowd mixed with locals travelling from port to port. Large percentage of German travellers . In Norway they offer nice excursions in between ports but once again very expensive.

Thanks OsloDutch, great response. Their new builds are of interest to me as well as the smallest oldest member of their fleet. They are getting into the Antartic arena which is of interest to me but very expensive. After next years venture to India I might consider Hurtigruten. I sailed the Deutchland out of Germany and loved the experience Yes the only gay in the village but there were so many wannabes. Been many years since we met on HAL, hope you are doing great.

Doing fine here! Hope you too! You will love India, we did a tour of India two years ago and it was one of my best trips ever!

If you want to take an expedition trip to Antartica I suggest you shop around. Hurtigruten will have a new expedition ship in service by that time. However based on the current product I suggest you shop around as there are vessels around who offer far more better service and accommodation at the current Hurtigruten pricing level.

Thanks OsloDutch, great response. Their new builds are of interest to me as well as the smallest oldest member of their fleet. They are getting into the Antartic arena which is of interest to me but very expensive. After next years venture to India I might consider Hurtigruten. I sailed the Deutchland out of Germany and loved the experience �� Yes the only gay in the village but there were so many wannabes��. Been many years since we met on HAL, hope you are doing great.

They are getting into the Antartic arena which is of interest to me but very expensive. After next years venture to India I might consider Hurtigruten..

If you want to take an expedition trip to Antartica I suggest you shop around. Hurtigruten will have a new expedition ship in service by that time. However based on the current product I suggest you shop around as there are vessels around who offer far more better service and accommodation at the current Hurtigruten pricing level.

I would definitely second the advice to consider additional expedition companies for Antarctica, especially those with smaller ships. (There's an Antarctica forum here on CC, and one on Trip Advisor too.) FWIW, my wife and I had the most incredible Antarctica adventure with Lindblad/National Geographic on the Nat Geo Explorer. I know that "trip of a lifetime " is a terrible cliche, but that's what this was. In case you may find it useful, here's the link to my detailed photo journal of our trip. And yes, we may have been the only "gays in the village," but this was of no matter. Small ship, wonderful fellow sailors, and it's all about what's outside anyway. :)

https://antarcticjourney.wordpress.com/