Cable Beach or Cabbage Beach?

Bluemoon319

Although I love a good surf when I'm at a beach in the U.S., I greatly prefer as little as possible when I'm in the Caribbean. I've never been to Cable Beach, but if I remember correctly, Cabbage beach had quite a bit of surf. Which would be better for me? Thanks bunches :)

Although I love a good surf when I'm at a beach in the U.S., I greatly prefer as little as possible when I'm in the Caribbean. I've never been to Cable Beach, but if I remember correctly, Cabbage beach had quite a bit of surf. Which would be better for me? Thanks bunches :)

You are generally correct. Cabbage Beach can be very rough, and has a very sharp drop. No lifeguards available. This area has seen many drownings.

Cable Beach is nearly always calm.

• 11 months later...

Years ago we went to Paradise island by taxi....at least 30years ago and it was enjoyable. 2 years ago we went through Atlantis and the beach was horribly rough with a drop off. I'm trying to find something for myself and 2 kids to do during our day in port, I keep looking at Melia. I have also come across Love Beach, and now Im not sure which way to go. Any input aprreciated, we are looking for beach for swimming/snorkel, chairs, umbrellas, possibly food but not necessary, and bathrooms.

Is the free public part of Cable Beach safe for family with children?

The

The public beach is just past the Melia.. There are no facilities or amenities... and especially NO LIFEGUARDS.

Personally I would never go to a unknown beach without lifeguards when kids are in tow.

• 1 month later...
Any idea how much a cab would be from the port to cable beach? never been down that way..always stayed around the port and Junkanoo beach but thinking of venturing somewhere different this time as its my 8th time to Nassau.

$18 for 2 people. Here's a link to the taxi rates: http://www.bahamas-treasures.com/bahamas/Nassau_Taxi_Fares.html