World Voyages 2014

RJChatsworth

I had been led to believe that advance information for the Cunard World Voyages for 2014 would be made available on 18th June. This, I believe, is in line with previous years. The information didn't appear.

I now learn it has been delayed by one month until the end of July, but no reasons were given.

Has anyone any other information, please?

I have the same interest and I did a search on here a few days ago and saw the 2013 World Voyages were unveiled on July 15, 2011.

So I am waiting, like you, until mid-July to see the itinerary on of QM2.

We've not been expecting any information until the middle of July. We normally get the itineraries and lead-in pricing for groups about 72 hours or so before sales open. If we're lucky and they are on top of their game, we get the lead-ins a week in advance so we can do some planning. However, that's not happened in a couple of years.

This is from an email I received from Cunard today (29 June)

"You may also be interested to know that we will be launching our new 2014 World Voyages in September, further details will be available nearer the time."

We've not been expecting any information until the middle of July. We normally get the itineraries and lead-in pricing for groups about 72 hours or so before sales open. If we're lucky and they are on top of their game, we get the lead-ins a week in advance so we can do some planning. However, that's not happened in a couple of years.

Perhaps they are having trouble selling 2013 without launching 2014 as well!!! With the bargains on offer at the moment I wouldn't be surprised - how are things looking from your end Babette??

Cheers

Ken

"You may also be interested to know that we will be launching our new 2014 World Voyages in September, further details will be available nearer the time."

That's disappointing. I was expecting a July announcement as per last year.

Did you email them about this or was this one of their regular emails?

That's disappointing. I was expecting a July announcement as per last year.

Did you email them about this or was this one of their regular emails?

It was a regular email from the Cunard World Club. Also said that early booking benefits for the current brochure had been extended until 22 July.

It was a regular email from the Cunard World Club. Also said that early booking benefits for the current brochure had been extended until 22 July.

May I ask how you first obtained e-mails from the Cuard World Club? We are 'Diamond' and Cunard has my e-mail address, but I can't recall ever receiving e-mails from them.

May I ask how you first obtained e-mails from the Cuard World Club? We are 'Diamond' and Cunard has my e-mail address, but I can't recall ever receiving e-mails from them.

Log into into your World Club Member Profile on Cunard's website and make sure you have a tick against "email" in the Contact Preferences section.

http://www.cunard.co.uk/Already-Booked/Cunard-World-Club/Register/

Log into into your World Club Member Profile on Cunard's website and make sure you have a tick against "email" in the Contact Preferences section.

Many thanks but checking it was ticked so I am not sure how to kick-start them further!

Hi, we too are waiting for the world voyage details to be released for 2014, we, that is a medium sized group, want to transit the Panama Canal as part of a BIG birthday and wedding celebrations.

Mrs C and I did the transatlantic as part of Queen Victoria's world voyage in 2010 and would like to do it again, through to San Francisco.... Are we correct in assuming that Queen Victoria will be doing the same in 2014....

Regards, Pete.

Hi, we too are waiting for the world voyage details to be released for 2014, we, that is a medium sized group, want to transit the Panama Canal as part of a BIG birthday and wedding celebrations.

Mrs C and I did the transatlantic as part of Queen Victoria's world voyage in 2010 and would like to do it again, through to San Francisco.... Are we correct in assuming that Queen Victoria will be doing the same in 2014....

Regards, Pete.

Unless someone has information I can't find, I'm not sure we will know which Queen will do the 2014 circumnavigation. QE did it this year and QV is scheduled for 2013.

I followed this up by saying the 'email' box was ticked, but I still hadn't received anything. The surface mail box was also ticked but I hadn't received anything by that method either.

Today, I rang the Cunard World Club and they confirmed that all the boxes were ticked correctly, but I hadn't received anything for two years due to a block being put on my account. I mention this in case others have the same problem.

I was told blocks are put on when things are returned to them. The normal one is when the post is delivered to the wrong address and instead of the neighbour delivering it to you they return it to Cunard. Others are if undelivered and returned by Post Office due to insufficient value of stamps on the package or package doesn't meet the size requirement for the stamps on the package. Our local PO is hot on this one. Also, if emails are returned for whatever reason.

It appears Cunard is overwhelmed by returns. Blocks are then added to accounts automatically and it seems there is no follow-up to determine the reasons for non-delivery.

When you talked to Cunard on the phone did you ask them what date we can expect the WC 2014 itinerary to be released?

I didn't I'm afraid. It crossed my mind but then I thought perhaps I wasn't talking to the right people. On the other hand they were the ones who circulated the September note. I missed a trick!

Just had to speak to cunard world club about something and asked when world voyages would be out and was told middle of July. But have also noticed that we no longer get the past passenger 5% discount of all cruises just a few particular ones

• 3 weeks later...

Fred Olsen, HAL, Princess, and Crystal have posted their 2014 world cruises.

I was cleaning out some old e-mails from last year and found that Cunard sent me a message that the 2013 world cruises were coming out about three weeks in advance. Haven't got anything this year so maybe they do want to wait until September.

Fred Olsen, HAL, Princess, and Crystal have posted their 2014 world cruises.

I was cleaning out some old e-mails from last year and found that Cunard sent me a message that the 2013 world cruises were coming out about three weeks in advance. Haven't got anything this year so maybe they do want to wait until September.

As Cunard and P&O have recently advertised their Vantage Fares from 23 July it seems it'll be sometime before the 2014 World Voyages are announced i.e. September 2012.

I have asked and asked by ticking several times over for e mails from World Club, but have never received one single word.

There does not seem to be anything more I can do, I have even called on the phone, "yes we do have you on the list " so why no e mails? Who knows!

The workings of Cunard are a complete mystery, no rhyme nor reason.

Even if you don't have the rates, do you know the direction of the QM2 or it's first few ports of call after it leaves Southampton on Janury 10, 2014? I'm very interested in the itinerary of its first WC segment.

Even if you don't have the rates, do you know the direction of the QM2 or it's first few ports of call after it leaves Southampton on Janury 10, 2014? I'm very interested in the itinerary of its first WC segment.

As it will have just come across the Atlantic from New York. I doubt whether QM-2 will go straight back there on the first sector of its world voyage. It is more likely to go straight down to Cape Town or through the Suez Canal. I have noticed it tends to go round the world one way one year and the other way in the following year, visiting many on the same places. I should start by checking which way it is going in 2013 as a pointer for 2014.

As it will have just come across the Atlantic from New York. I doubt whether QM-2 will go straight back there on the first sector of its world voyage. It is more likely to go straight down to Cape Town or through the Suez Canal. I have noticed it tends to go round the world one way one year and the other way in the following year, visiting many on the same places. I should start by checking which way it is going in 2013 as a pointer for 2014.

Yes, I know that. I took it to Cape Town this year. In 2013 it is going through the Suez canal. In the past it has also gone round Cape Horn once. A good guess for 2014 is probably Cape Town which I would be happy to do. I have zero interest in going through Suez. But until Cunard releases the itinerary or some-one with good inside info posts it on here it is just a guess. I'd like to get beyond a guess and know which route QM2 will take when it leaves Southampton on January 10, 2014.

Archived