Trans to Port Canaveral from Disney on Memorial Day

bartzcrew

So here is the pickle we are in. We are checking out of Disney World May 30 to head to Port Canaveral to board the Valor same day. Issue is its Memorial Day.

I have a Hertz reservation set up, but heres my issue. Hertz in Canaveral, Im told all rental places, are closed on Memorial Day. So I would have to drop off car and leave it to be checked in the next day. Im not thrilled with that since I have no control what happens to car while it sits, but still on my bill. Second, I have to take a taxi back to the port.

We have 5 in our party, my minivan rental with Hertz is only $79. I cant find any transportation that can come close, but I would be willing to pay more to not have to stress about the rental car just sitting there.

Anyone have any suggestions!?

Thanks

So here is the pickle we are in. We are checking out of Disney World May 30 to head to Port Canaveral to board the Valor same day. Issue is its Memorial Day.

I have a Hertz reservation set up, but heres my issue. Hertz in Canaveral, Im told all rental places, are closed on Memorial Day. So I would have to drop off car and leave it to be checked in the next day. Im not thrilled with that since I have no control what happens to car while it sits, but still on my bill. Second, I have to take a taxi back to the port.

We have 5 in our party, my minivan rental with Hertz is only $79. I cant find any transportation that can come close, but I would be willing to pay more to not have to stress about the rental car just sitting there.

Anyone have any suggestions!?

Thanks

This is nothing to worry about! Even when the offices are open the rental staff near the Port do not check out every vehicle on busy days! Same situation - to speed things up they just ask for the keys and off you go.

Film a walkaround with your camera for peace of mind. Then enjoy your cruise!

About the taxi - I would drop my family at the terminal then hail a 888-transport taxi (they line up at the terminal but call if not available) to follow me to the rental car building!

Edited by SteerageJoe