What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

OK so there's lots of talk about this new upgrade bid system that went fleet wide recently.. so Im wondering

- what offer everyone received

-what cabin do you have now?

-did you bid ?

- if you don't mind telling what did you bid

- was it accepted

-how long did it take to get accepted?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

OK so there's lots of talk about this new upgrade bid system that went fleet wide recently.. so Im wondering

-did you bid ?

- was it accepted

This is my offer

I bid the minimum on both I didn't get a response yet hoping I do ...I'm on the epic leaving in march I'm in a haven penthouse aft ..

bc178fd436d2d735e832a63a5347e4a8.jpg

We are on the Breakaway last week of March. We are currently in a large balcony room. Received my email 3 days ago and bid on a Haven forward facing penthouse with balcony. Minimum bid was $400 for 2 guests, so a total of $800 minimum. I bid $430/ person for a total of $860. I hope this bid gets accepted. The more i read about the Haven, the more I think I need it! I'm dying to know if/ when it will be accepted so if anyone can answer my question that would be great!!

We were on the 1/28 Escape sailing and just got off the ship today. We initially booked a mid-ship mini suite. Around 80 or so days out we received an email to place bids on the Haven suites. They give you the option to bid 2 categories above what you initially booked. We initially bid $500 per person for the H5, H6, and H7 suites. A week before the cruise we still hadn't heard anything so we upped our bids to $650 per person- we really wanted the Haven! 3 days before sailing we received confirmation our bid was accepted for the H7. It was an amazing trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To the extent it's helpful, I can let you know what the facts were for me last September on the Breakaway (to help you gauge your bids). I initially booked into an H5 but as the cruise approached I was worried that it would not be enough room for us. At 30 days out I called upsell. Long story short, to go from the H5 to the H2 cost me $1000/pp. Best money we ever spent. Granted Breakaway has fewer H2s and the Bermuda cruises are always sold at a premium, but that's how it worked out for me.

I can tell you that the bid/upsell metrics are pretty complex. The woman on the phone told me they take many factors into account (including, how much you paid with your initial book, the relative demand of the category you have currently booked, your cruising records with NCL, historical spend on cruise, etc.). HTH

Does anybody know whether they ever send another e-mail after the first one? Meaning, if you don't bid the first time but suites remain unsold later, do they e-mail again?

No you can always go back to that old email and bid.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Does anybody know whether they ever send another e-mail after the first one? Meaning, if you don't bid the first time but suites remain unsold later, do they e-mail again?

A few weeks ago, The Penthouse Suite was first offered to us as an an upgrade for $1000.00 PP

I counter offered $500.00 PP, and was told they don't negotiate.

A few days later NLC offered the same for $750.00 PP and I again counter offered $500.00. No Deal.

With a few days before our sailing, NCL offered the same Penthouse Suite for $500.00 PP

I told them to shove it. We are happy with the BA we booked months ago.:)

• Haha 1

We were on the 1/28 Escape sailing and just got off the ship today. We initially booked a mid-ship mini suite. Around 80 or so days out we received an email to place bids on the Haven suites. They give you the option to bid 2 categories above what you initially booked. We initially bid $500 per person for the H5, H6, and H7 suites. A week before the cruise we still hadn't heard anything so we upped our bids to $650 per person- we really wanted the Haven! 3 days before sailing we received confirmation our bid was accepted for the H7. It was an amazing trip!

when you increased you bid did the H7's look sold out? I am wondering if they are pulling rooms out once they know they have enough acceptable bids and just waiting til the week before before assigning them.

I would keep it all to myself as it's our business, not others'. By elaborating what you bid and getting the upgrades would vex the follow cruisers who paid full price for the same category cabins.

I would keep quiet.

Except that booking a haven room directly - not bidding for an upgrade - still carries much better perks. No tips, specialty dining for every meal each day, shore credits (if you didn't pick that to begin with), internet etc.

You are getting more for the increased price of a direct booking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No you can always go back to that old email and bid.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you!

A few weeks ago, The Penthouse Suite was first offered to us as an an upgrade for $1000.00 PP

I counter offered $500.00 PP, and was told they don't negotiate.

A few days later NLC offered the same for $750.00 PP and I again counter offered $500.00. No Deal.

With a few days before our sailing, NCL offered the same Penthouse Suite for $500.00 PP

I told them to shove it. We are happy with the BA we booked months ago.:)

Lol! It is curious that they will immediately turn down lower offers when they clearly have no one else bidding, though. I would think they would just hold onto that bid, even if it's low, rather than lower the starting bids over and over. Then they could accept it when they are ready and sell your old cabin to new passengers, too.

when you increased you bid did the H7's look sold out? I am wondering if they are pulling rooms out once they know they have enough acceptable bids and just waiting til the week before before assigning them.

Before we changed our bids we did a mock booking to see what rooms were available. There were still a few left so we decided to increase our bid at the chance of getting one.

Both times we upgraded to the Haven it was within a few days of departure. I think they will hold out as long as they can before accepting bids to get the most money possible for the room.

We are on the 4/15 Escape sailing booked in a mid-ship mini suite. Received the upgrade email at exactly 80 days out. Minimum bids available were 400pp for forward penthouse or spa balcony, 500pp for haven balcony, 750pp for aft balcony, 1000pp for 2bdrm and 1500pp for owners suite. I did not have the option to low ball below the minimum. I do have the option to review and edit my bids. I'll decline sharing what my bids are/were until after the fact. Fingers crossed for success in the meantime!

We are on the 4/15 Escape sailing booked in a mid-ship mini suite. Received the upgrade email at exactly 80 days out. Minimum bids available were 400pp for forward penthouse or spa balcony, 500pp for haven balcony, 750pp for aft balcony, 1000pp for 2bdrm and 1500pp for owners suite. I did not have the option to low ball below the minimum. I do have the option to review and edit my bids. I'll decline sharing what my bids are/were until after the fact. Fingers crossed for success in the meantime!

Fingers and toes all crossed for you! Good Luck!!

Is it correct if you bid and change to a Haven cabin/suite you lose your current perks and don't receive the perks that typically come with a Haven cabin (which is everything that is offered), or any for that matter?

We're in a balcony on a future cruise, and are getting UBP and free daily service charge. IF we receive the invitation, and IF it was accepted, does that mean we would no longer get UBP and need to pay the daily service charge (at the higher Haven rate)? ... even though a person booking a Haven cabin/suite on the website would get every perk offered on that day ( no matter how close to sailing).

Would REALLY like to hear from one of you who have sailed in a Haven cabin/suite after changing through the bid process, if possible, rather than just a reference to the fine print. We all know what happens in real life on ship can be different that what "it" (whatever "it"is) says.

Offering non-Haven, non-suite perspective: :)

We had originally booked OA. Minimum bid per person for a balcony was $25 and mini-suite was $50. We bid $65 each to upgrade to any balcony and received B1 (aft balcony). We received notice of the upgrade three days before sailing.

This shouldn't be new information to anyone, but just a reminder: you do not control the cabin you will be assigned with an upgrade. Everything ended up working out for us and we had a delightful cruise, but I think we will likely pass on upgrades in the future in order to retain control over our initial cabin selection (assuming we're still talking oceanviews and balconies, and not Haven, etc!).

Is it correct if you bid and change to a Haven cabin/suite you lose your current perks and don't receive the perks that typically come with a Haven cabin (which is everything that is offered), or any for that matter?

We're in a balcony on a future cruise, and are getting UBP and free daily service charge. IF we receive the invitation, and IF it was accepted, does that mean we would no longer get UBP and need to pay the daily service charge (at the higher Haven rate)? ... even though a person booking a Haven cabin/suite on the website would get every perk offered on that day ( no matter how close to sailing).

Would REALLY like to hear from one of you who have sailed in a Haven cabin/suite after changing through the bid process, if possible, rather than just a reference to the fine print. We all know what happens in real life on ship can be different that what "it" (whatever "it"is) says.

You keep what you have and in fact if you prepaid gratuities before upsell you don't even have the increase

Hello all and thanks in advance. So I'm not 100% clear how the bidding works. How do I go about this in NCL site? Me and the wife are getting ready to book the Breakaway leaving from NYC end of April 17'. Any tips advice would be great..thanks again. Much appreciated.

-did you bid ?

- was it accepted

Did you get upgraded? I'm on same cruise as you and I just noticed all the havens are gone :(

We booked 2 balcony rooms and one was offered the upgrade.

When I spoke to NCL they said that I could request that the 2nd room be allowed to bid.

I was wondering if anyone can call and offer to bid.

I am most interested in the aft balcony.

It appears that the aft balcony is less desirable in the bidding process as it is not in the HAVEN proper.

I think that I may have overbid.

After reading other posts I bid in the "FAIR" range.

I sail on 2/18 so I should find out next week.

This bidding process seems to allow more people to have the ability to upgrade

and for NCL to get more $$ than if they just offered a few people the upgrade.

In addition, in reading reviews of people that did get the upgrade they almost always have the same room.

Their balcony is next to the ping pong or some other activity.