Six in a haven 2 BR?

SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:18 AM.
Long Island, New York
1,259 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
I know the site says this cabin holds 6. Has anybody ever done this? As a surprise gift, I'm Thinking of allowing the 18 and 20 yo to each invite their bestie. This would mean Two girls in the 2nd bedroom and the young men in the sofa area. I'm not sure if this is going to make their cruise better or cause a big headache for me. Too old for the kids club and meeting same aged cruisers. If you've done this was it cramped? Given their ages, if they invite friends, I think we would just meet up for dinner and go on shore excursions together .
Opinions?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

NCL- Breakaway 3/16
PCL-Regal Princess 4/15
Carnival- Legend 4/11
PCL- Golden Princess 2/06
RCCL- AOS 4/05
DCL-Magic5/04
NCL- Norway 4/96
HAL- Nieu Amsterdam 4/95
Phoenix, Az. USA
933 Posts
Joined Mar 2001
Well we are doing 5 adults in a two-bedroom in two weeks on the Jewel. I've been told the sofa in the living room will only fit one adult.
Two young adults will be sleeping in the "kids" bedroom on the pull out sofa bed. In that same bedroom there is a pull down bed...so that would be the sixth person. Have fun!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Nancy

[email protected]

Canada/NewEngland Enchantment of the Seas 9/2005
Norwegian Jewel 9/2014
Norwegian Jewel 9/2015
Norweigan Pearl 9/2016
Norweigan Jewel 9/2017
Connecticut
513 Posts
Joined Jul 2012
Not sure of the ship but when we stayed in one 2 could not fit on the couch. It is not a full pull out. The 2nd bedroom was for 3 - even though it's tough to fit 2. It is a full pull out and then a bed from the ceiling.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SAILING
NCL Jade - 11 day Panama Canal 11/16/2017
RCCL Harmony of the Seas 3/4/2018 Western Caribbean
NCL Escape (Haven DOS) -Bermuda 5/6/2018
SAILED
Carnival Vista (Havana Aft Wrap) - Southern Caribbean 6/3/2017
NCL Escape (Haven)-Eastern Caribbean 3/18/2017
NCL Gem (Haven) - Southern Caribbean out of Puerto Rico 11/27/2016
NCL EPIC (Haven) - Western Mediterranean - 9/4/2016
RCCL Anthem of the seas - 9 day Bermuda/Caribbean 5/5/2016
Carnival Liberty - NEW YEARS Southern Caribbean out of PR 12/27/2015
NCL Gem (Haven) - FL/Bahamas 9/5/2015
NCL Epic-Western Caribbean 4/12/2015
RCCL Allure of the Seas-NEW YEAR'S Western Caribbean 12/28/2014
Carnival Breeze -8 night southern Caribbean - 8/30/2014
NCL Dawn-Eastern Caribbean- (3 bedroom Garden Villa - it's Amazing) 3/30/2014
NCL Star-Mexican Riviera - NEW YEAR'S- 12/29/2013
NCL Breakaway-Bermuda- 9/1/2013
NCL Gem-9 night Caribbean from NYC- 3/31/13
NCL Star-Bermuda- 9/2/2012
Disney Big Red Boat-Caribbean - 1990
Carnival Celebration-Caribbean- 1989
NCL Seaward - Caribbean-1988
NCL Norway-Caribbean- 1986
518 Posts
Joined Jul 2013
While I can't offer thoughts on space in the cabin, I have a couple of opinions that may help.

First, you generous parents, you! Care to adopt a 30 - something?

Second, at the (sometimes) awkward cruising age between 18 and 21, a friend on board would likely be very appreciated. It makes meeting others easier, it alleviates the stress of having no one to hang out with all week, and gives each sibling a break from one another.

Third, you know your kids, and I assume their friends, quite well, but I know when I was younger, having that safety net of a friend could make me be a little less cautious. Just a potential concern, from experience.

Please don't take any of this too seriously (except the adoption part, think that one over, I'm low maintenance!), I'm just offering my two cents based on my family vacation experiences.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Ottawa, ON
331 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
I saw a video with six people in the cabin. They brought in a sixth bed and removed the coffee table from the living room. So two in the master bedroom, two in the second bedroom and two in the living room. This was on the Pearl.

https://youtu.be/POIy0VzgXGw
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Norwegian Jewel - Houston / Cozumel / Belize / Trujillo - March 2015
Norwegian Breakaway - New York / Port Canaveral / Great Stirrup Cay / Nassau - November 2015
Norwegian Breakaway - New York / Bermuda - May 2016
Norwegian Pearl - New Orleans / Cozumel / Georgetown / Roatan / Santo Tomas de Castilla / Harvest Caye / Costa Maya - November 2017
864 Posts
Joined Aug 2003
The only way I would do this is by taking an inflatable air mattress.

In this order:

You can request a cot from the pre-concierge. You can request from your butler. You can request from the Hotel Director.

From what I have read, the request is declined more often, than not, but I would certainly try it.

Originally posted by Boatingmom
I know the site says this cabin holds 6. Has anybody ever done this? As a surprise gift, I'm Thinking of allowing the 18 and 20 yo to each invite their bestie. This would mean Two girls in the 2nd bedroom and the young men in the sofa area. I'm not sure if this is going to make their cruise better or cause a big headache for me. Too old for the kids club and meeting same aged cruisers. If you've done this was it cramped? Given their ages, if they invite friends, I think we would just meet up for dinner and go on shore excursions together .
Opinions?
1,768 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
2 Bathrooms, and one bathroom is smaller than an interior bathroom. They all have glass enclosures--toilet, shower, bedroom. Any toilet use requires passage through a bedroom.

I would say nice idea, but not workable via a 2 bedroom. Add another cabin like a H5.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Hermosa Beach
555 Posts
Joined Feb 2017
Originally posted by LadyShiva
2 Bathrooms, and one bathroom is smaller than an interior bathroom. They all have glass enclosures--toilet, shower, bedroom. Any toilet use requires passage through a bedroom.

I would say nice idea, but not workable via a 2 bedroom. Add another cabin like a H5.

I have to agree. Even with 4 adults it was tight. With 6 adults, the master bathroom and closet will have to be shared. Also, if those in the living room sleep in, you won't be able to enjoy the room or balcony. You won't really get to enjoy the space. Our steward did not make up the sofa in the living room during the day. He moved it into a smaller bed, but sheets were kept on. I'd book an extra room. If they were younger kids it might work.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Arizona
513 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
I shared one with my husband and two adults kids. That was tight enough.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2018- NCL Breakaway- Transatlantic
2017- NCL Pearl- Alaska
2013- NCL Pearl- Pacific Coastal
2011- NCL Pearl - Alaska
2009- NCL Pearl - Pacific Coastal
2001- RCCL Something of the Seas - Alaska
North Carolina
95 Posts
Joined Oct 2013
My husband and I have a 2 bedroom Haven suite on the Epic in December. We are going to take 3 adult sons and our daughter in law. We are taking an air mattress so we can put two in the living room and our son and his wife in the small bedroom. I'm sure it will be tight but we figure that's half the fun of it we have 7 sons so we are all very use to sharing space. Our kids are just excited to be going on a free (our treat) cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
5,160 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
We have 5, on our last cruise the oldest were ds19 and dd20. We signed the beer/wine waivers, and there was a young adult meetup most nights at Bliss. They met a lot of people (including a girl who they met on their last cruise more than 3 years prior).
Long Island, New York
1,259 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Thanks for all the replies. Something to ponder. Sandy h When ready to adopt well call. I didn't think about the cautious part. Beer and wine waiver is difficult enough to imagine. Thanks all

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

NCL- Breakaway 3/16
PCL-Regal Princess 4/15
Carnival- Legend 4/11
RCCL- AOS 4/05
DCL-Magic5/04
NCL- Norway 4/96
HAL- Nieu Amsterdam 4/95
Albany, NY
1,331 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
As someone mentioned, I think the biggest issue is the bathroom.

The guys in the living room are going to have to pass through/go into a bedroom in order to use the facilties and the second bathroom is quite small.

I don't remember which ship you were considering. On the Epic, the bath is as soon as you enter the second bedroom, so they wouldn't have to walk through the entire bedroom. They would, though, on the newer ships.

Your best bet would be a Garden Villa, but those are not on the newer ships.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

NCL Epic -- 1/18/14 -- Eastern Caribbean -- Haven 2-bedroom family villa
NCL Epic -- 3/1/15 -- Western Caribbean -- Haven 2-bedroom family villa
NCL Escape -- 2/20/16 -- Eastern Caribbean -- Haven 2-bedroom family villa

NCL Getaway -- 2/26/17 -- Western Caribbean -- Haven 2-bedroom family villa
Nashville, TN (we moved, again)
20,870 Posts
Joined Dec 2003
This is a bit of a stretch. Not impossible, but can be done.

Getting two grown guys to not only share that little couch, but they are basically out in the living room. Then, getting to either bath requires going into the bedroom(s). Can be done, but.....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
RoundTheWorld Blog and Recent Cruises : www.rtw40.com
NCL Jade New England Oct 6-16, 2017 ...............Viking Sky - Feb 25,2017 Rome to Barcelona
Viking - Paris to Prague - Oct 20, 2016 .....Allure of the Seas-FTL to Barcelona 4/19/15 ......NCL Pearl -Seatle-Alaska 6/22/14

NCL Dawn - Tampa to Boston 4/27/14.......NCL Dawn-Boston-Bermuda RT 7/26/13 ..[Celebrity Reflection-Carribean 12/8/12
NCL Spirit New Orleans 3/28/10.................NCL Jade - Med to Miami 1/25/09...............NCL Pearl Miami-Panama-Seattle 4/13/08
NCL Spirit New Orleans 11/25/07...............NCL Spirit New England 9/30/07.................NCL Spirit -NYC , 9/29/07
NCL Sun from New Orleans 3/25/07..........NCL Jewel Barcelona-Miami 10/21/06.........QM2 from New York to England 4/15/06
Alaska via Princess Dawn 5/30/05..............Seabourn Pride: NY-FL-Nassau, 10/17/04...Alaska via Carnival Spirit 6/2/04
South East. PA
4,380 Posts
Joined Oct 2010
Originally posted by garycarla
Getting two grown guys to not only share that little couch, but they are basically out in the living room. Then, getting to either bath requires going into the bedroom(s). Can be done, but.....
Yea, just what I wanted to do at that age, share a bed with another 18 year old guy

You might consider getting thermal spa passes for the guys. That way they have a decent place to shower and change
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sailing on the Breakaway 2-2-2018 (14 Day)....To the ABC Island's and beyond

Please check out my YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxM...FHeiwGvW15As3w

If you like what you see please subscribe!

WATCH THE MAGICAL SS UNITED STATES HERE!!!.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak-rp0uyiUE
Alaska video from the Jewel 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysr0U02jDi0
Check out my Escape Vibe Club walk thru video here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXer...nel=LaszloBagi

Wave Vortex (Norman Island Snorkel Tortola)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLym...nel=LaszloBagi

Norwegian Gem 6/2011
Norwegian Gem 7/2012
Norwegian Breakaway 9/2013
Norwegian Dawn 11/2013
Norwegian Sun 2/2015

God doesn't bother me. His fan clubs do.
A mind is like a parachute, it only works when its open

Typos not intended

http://www.dvgrr.org/
http://www.wish.org
Long Island, New York
1,259 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Eww. No bed sharing and no extra cabin. Will be a family vacation

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

NCL- Breakaway 3/16
PCL-Regal Princess 4/15
Carnival- Legend 4/11
RCCL- AOS 4/05
DCL-Magic5/04
NCL- Norway 4/96
HAL- Nieu Amsterdam 4/95
Dallas, TX
9,052 Posts
Joined May 2008
It would not be for me. Yeah, you would still have all of the out of cabin perks but the ambience and atmosphere of your suite would be totally zilch with that many people who are adults.

I think the two bedroom Haven only works for 6 when at least two are small children.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Donna (Dallas, Texas)

Previous Cruises:
NCL Epic - Forward Owner's Suite (17004) - Eastern Caribbean (after
being cancelled TWICE by NCL)
NCL Jewel - aft PH - Western Caribbean from Tx - 4/15
Carnival Magic - aft balc - Caribbean from TX - 11/14
NCL Sun - aft PH (9076) - So. Caribbean - 03/13
Carnival Paradise - Baja Calif - 03/11
NCL Sun - aft PH (9076) - So. America (& Antarctica) - 2/09 (Favorite)
NCL Dawn - NYC to Nowhere -04/08 -
NCL Jewel - TransAtlantic to Greece - 04/07
RCI Monarch - Baja Calif - 03/05 - Family Reunion Cruise!
Celebrity Summit - Alaska - 08/03
Carnival Ecstacy - Bahamas - 5/00
NCL Norway - broom closet (Inside) Caribbean - 7/86 My 1st!!!
Apex, NC
559 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
We travel on the Epic in the Haven in 3 weeks, with 3 adults (myself, husband and sister) and 2 kids (my 2 sons ages 13 and 10). But we have agreed my sister will have the 2nd bedroom and bathroom to herself, which leaves my kids in the living room.

My older son will be on the couch. My younger son says he will sleep on the floor, which is what he prefers and how he sleeps at home (why? Who knows��). But I was hoping the steward can bring out the upper berth mattress from the 2nd bedroom every night and lay it on the floor for him. Does anyone know, is that even possible (I.e., can the mattress be moved)? Otherwise, I will need a set of bedding for him to put down on the floor.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruising History
Cruise to Nowhere out of Port Canaveral - One day 1983 (don't remember cruise line)
Celebrity Century 7 night Caribbean Cruise from Miami - December 1999
Royal Caribbean - don't remember ship name - 7 night Caribbean Cruise from Miami September 2003
Carnival Fascination - 5 night Bahamas cruise from Jacksonville October 2010
Carnival Liberty - 7 night Caribbean from Miami January 2011
Carnival Glory - 7 night Western Caribbean from Miami February 2011
Disney Magic - 14 night West Bound Transatlantic - Barcelona to Port Canaveral - September 2011
Disney Wonder - 7 night Pacific Coastal Pixar Cruise from Los Angeles - September 2012
Disney Fantasy - 7 night Western Caribbean from Port Canaveral- December 2012
HAL Veendam 7 night Canada/ New England from Boston to Quebec City - June 2013
Disney Wonder - 14 night East Bound Panama Canal from LA to Galveston - September 2013
Disney Magic 14 night West Bound Transatlantic - Barcelona to San Juan - September 2014
Celebrity Solstice 11 Night Ultimate Alaska Cruise - September 11, 2015
Disney Magic Very Merry Cruise -- 5 night Caribbean cruise from Miami December 13, 2015 with Star Wars PremEar
Disney Magic Very Merry Cruise --7 night Caribbean cruise from Miami, December 11, 2016 with Rogue One PremEar
Norwegian Epic (Haven) 7 night Med cruise from Barcelona September 10, 2017

Upcoming cruises 😄

Disney Fantasy 7 night Very Merry Caribbean cruise December 9, 2017

with Star Wars The Last Jedi Premear
624 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
We are a family of 5 and often bring along my oldest's BFF. When they were 18, we did an upsell to a Haven 2 bedroom and a Haven penthouse suite on the Getaway (we had originally booked 2 cabins and were told that we therefore needed to upsell into 2 suites even though the 6 of us could technically all fit into the 2 bedroom). Boy, was I glad we had the extra penthouse for the two girls! Not sure how 6 would have fit into the 2 bedroom - the sofa beds were not quite a full size and would have been too way tight for two people and the 2nd bedroom did not have a pull down either.
Belgium
940 Posts
Joined Mar 2014
Originally posted by Boatingmom
Opinions?
They can always go to the solo travellers gathering on the studio lounge to meet people.
On my sailing in June, there were plenty of 20 year olds travelling with family that joined in.

Happy cruising!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
MSC Meraviglia (2017) My solo Birthday adventure! https://boards.cruisecritic.com/show....php?t=2551618
NCL Epic B2B (2017) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2517302
MSC Fantasia - a first time cruise adventure! (2014) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2100577
Return to the MSC Fantasia: A 12 day cruise diary! (2016) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2319150