Which of these Singapore hotels pre-cruise?

Bostonactor

I am hoping the Seabourn regulars here can help out, as previous hotel recommendations you suggested in the past were excellent. We have finally booked the cruise we've been intending to take for years: Singapore to Dubai, departing March, 2018. After much deliberation, we have narrowed our choice of pre-cruise hotels to the Fullerton (not the Fullerton Bay) and the Mandarin Oriental, both in the Marina area. They both look terrific. We need help from people who have "been there, done that." We will be in Singapore for 3 nights and 2 full days before we embark, so feel free to suggest any sights, activities or restaurants that you think we should not miss.Thank you.

We've stayed in both and they are lovely. Certainly the Fullerton if you prefer more historic/old world. The last few times we have stayed at the Marina Bay Sands which has brilliant views (including of the Fullerton and the Mandarin Oriental). More "modern" in terms of furniture style and a bit more minimalist - some hotels try and cram too much into a room and we end up having to move the furniture to create space.

You can't go wrong with any of the them. Happy travels.

If you have time, go to the Botanic Gardens and visit the National Orchid collection there. Absolutely wonderful. Also the Gardens on the Bay are fabulous too. Enjoy, but be prepared to be very hot!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'd avoid the MO. Very dark. almost prison like lobby and public areas though the club is good. The Ritz Carlton next door is far nicer imo.

I totally agree. The RC is superb and it has a large outdoor pool, an advantage over the Fullerton. Also perfectly located. I also like the Four Seasons just off Orchard Road - it's low-key but very sophisticated. I also like the resort feel of the Shangri-La but its location seems a bit remote nowadays.

My first choice in Singapore is always the Raffles. It's an iconic hotel that truly changed the industry. Often on ten best in the world lists. Unfortunately for you, it is currently under renovation and will be closed until late 2018. Truth be told, it needed the renovation and I will be there when it re-opens.

As for what's left, it kind of depends on what you want to do. If you just want to relax and eat well, the marina area is a good choice. I agree with the others that the Fullerton Bay and Ritz Carlton are best in that area. If you plan on doing a lot of exploring, I would take a look at the Fairmont because of its central location and ease of getting public transportation (the mass transit is much cleaner and easier to use than pretty much anywhere else in the world). The Fairmont is not as luxurious as the other two, but much nicer than almost anything in North America. Also, a great spot if you like to shop for luxury goods due to its proximity to high end malls.

Although I am a fan of the Four Season's brand, it is nothing special. It is a modern high rise, and is similar to any of their other high rise properties. None of the Singapore culture comes through at this property. It is also not in a desirable location.

Ritz Millenia is the best to me. High floor, Marina view. Beautiful large pool, great club floor, nice rooms and views. If you want to be closer to Orchard Road ( not on it), I like the Shangri la Valley Wing more private , smaller and more personalized service than the other parts of the hotel. But no interesting view. Ritz is my number one!

We recently stayed at the Fullerton Bay Hotel. It is FABULOUS! It is truly a 5 star luxury hotel.

If you book through a Virtuoso agent can get $100 F & B credit, Great Breakfast included and Upgrade if available.

Book a Bay View Room- The furnishings in the room were magnificent!

Outstanding concierges.

It is number 1 on Trip Advisor out of all the hotels in Singapore.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294265-d1845693-Reviews-The_Fullerton_Bay_Hotel_Singapore-Singapore.html

We ate at their restaurant La Brasseie twice we enjoyed it so much.

https://www.fullertonhotels.com/the-fullerton-bay-hotel/la-brasserie.html

Their rooftop pool is wonderful - with great views.

Be sure to go to the Colony Restaurant one night at the Ritz Carlton. Need to book that in advance. Always sold out.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g294265-d8571637-Reviews-Colony-Singapore.html

Thank you to all who responded. Your opinions and suggestions were and are very helpful. We booked a club marina view room at The Fullerton and can't wait for our Singapore experience, not to mention the cruise on the Encore, our 5th Seabourn cruise, but our first in their newer, larger class. Thanks again.

My favourite is the Mandarin Oriental, but we did stay club class and to me it was worth every penny for the cocktails, the view in the club bar and the general ambience.

Earlier this year we paid more to try a different hotel and went to Marina Bay in the valley wing, again Club class. It wasn't a patch on Mandarin Oriental, but that's just our opinion

Sorry, I'm a bit late to the party, I've just seen you've booked!

My favourite is the Mandarin Oriental, but we did stay club class and to me it was worth every penny for the cocktails, the view in the club bar and the general ambience.

Earlier this year we paid more to try a different hotel and went to Marina Bay in the valley wing, again Club class. It wasn't a patch on Mandarin Oriental, but that's just our opinion

Sorry, I'm a bit late to the party, I've just seen you've booked!

Thanks for your input Mauzac as it is interesting to me. We usually stay at the Fullerton and will be there in January. However we are meeting up with friends in March and staying in a Club room at Mandarin Oriental so your comments are very reassuring.

As with cruises etc it is nice to get opinions but I realise some people may think differently to me. Having stayed at a few of the above properties some I prefer more then others. The Ritz is not my favourite.

Julie