Deposits are they refundable or non-refundable??

Sea and Me

We would be first time Carnival cruisers and I was wondering about the deposit situation. Does Carnival have the non-refundable deposits or is the deposit refundable and how does one know??

Also do they play the up and down price game as so many other lines tend to do?? I could swear the cruise we are looking at changed in price from yesterday to today going down in price. Another question do they offer "sales" with OBC and free tips??

Thanks for your response. Have a nice day.:)

It all depends on the type of fare that you book. Early Saver fares come with some complicated rules. If you cancel an ES booking before the final payment date, you lose $50 and the remainder is held as a future cruise credit. For that risk, you get the option to price match to a lower price up to 2 days prior to departure. All other fares are (for the most part) refundable up to final payment date and you have the option to price match up the final payment date.

Cruise fares go up and down frequently, depending on the laws of supply and demand. I have never seen a sale that offers anything other than free upgrades or OBC.

When you book there will be different rates and some of those rates the deposits are completely refundable if done by and certain date. There are also some that you don't get a complete refund but a possible future credit of your deposit. Make sure you read all the rate info and if unsure please call the 1 800 Carnival phone number.

It depends on the conditions under which you book. If you book Early Saver there is a $50 pp penalty for cancellation and they hold the remainder of your deposit as a future cruise credit. The upside is that you are guaranteed to receive any price drops up until 48 hours before your sailing. If you book a regular fare then the deposit is refundable. They do sometimes offer some OBC for booking but I've never seen them offer gratuities as a booking incentive.

You're a perfect example of someone who I would suggest use a travel agent.

Find a good local travel agent and interview them. Ask your friends.

Make sure they want to give you the time to answer your questions.

getting "freebies" or cheapest price is NOT the most important thing. Service is.

If the travel agent offers freebies,,, that's just a plus.

If YOU know that you want Carnival, or Royal, or NCL and the travel agent wants to point you in another direction,,,, leave and find another travel agent.

next vacation, after you've gotten your feet wet,,, then feel free to venture out on your own.

We would be first time Carnival cruisers and I was wondering about the deposit situation. Does Carnival have the non-refundable deposits or is the deposit refundable and how does one k

Also do they play the up and down price game as so many other lines tend to do?? I could swear the cruise we are looking at changed in price from yesterday to today going down in price. Another question do they offer "sales" with OBC and free tips??

Both refundable and non-refundable deposits are offered. One knows by reading the terms and conditions, or asking, prior to booking.

Prices may go both up and down depending on how early you book. Most rates offered by Carnival will let you adjust if the price goes down from your booked price prior to final payment date. However it is your responsibility to check current prices and request an adjustment when appropriate.

It is also your responsibility to know whether your rate allows adjusting after final payment date.

Ask these questions before you book so you fully understand the different rates that are available. A good Travel Agent and a Personal Vacation Planner through Carnival, will answer your specific questions.

Personally I would talk to one or the other prior to booking. For instance I understand some Travel Agents charge for obtaining price reductions on your behalf. Some charge for changing cabins, sailing date, passengers, etc.

Ask questions before you book then enjoy!

We would be first time Carnival cruisers and I was wondering about the deposit situation. Does Carnival have the non-refundable deposits or is the deposit refundable and how does one know??

The fare rules for most of Carnival's more common fare types show here:

https://www.carnival.com/legal/specials-terms-conditions.aspx

Make sure you READ the fine print on the rate category you choose and the cruise contract....go to FAQ and read about deposits, refunds, cancellations etc...do your research and due diligence...understand what you are purchasing....be informed and search these threads for cancellation and refund questions and answers etc.... ;p

If YOU know that you want Carnival, or Royal, or NCL and the travel agent wants to point you in another direction,,,, leave and find another travel agent.

Not necessarily true. If, after talking with you, the travel agent feels that another cruise line may be a better fit for the cruise experience you are looking for, then they should explain that option.

There are many friends that I would steer away from Carnival, RCCL, or NCL based on what I know about the friends and various cruise lines.

You dont get your full refund on a cruise if you are planning to cancel....I got in on the deposit of $100, and deceided to cancel, as i could not find airfare out of Galveston, Texas...when i cancelled, all i got back from the deposit was $49...which can be applied to another cruise...At first i was just going to let the $49 ride, but then i rebooked on the Carnival Glory...for September 2018.... My advice is if you are planning a cruise with Carnival, before you put down the deposit, make sure of all the ins and outs before you give credit card....There are a few options when booking...but remember to ask about the non-refundable and refundable deposits.....Also RCCL is doing the non-refundable deposits as well...