Pride of America port pics

Scoundrel2

I know this might sound strange, but my wife and I are not big on excursions and we are hoping to just enjoy a lot of time on the ship. Planning to book and OS (13000 or 13500) so will have a nice big deck, but if there is no view or not one we are interested in, then we may reconsider the Hawaii cruise. Would be great if anyone has any pictures you could share at the various ports.

I know this might sound strange, but my wife and I are not big on excursions and we are hoping to just enjoy a lot of time on the ship. Planning to book and OS (13000 or 13500) so will have a nice big deck, but if there is no view or not one we are interested in, then we may reconsider the Hawaii cruise. Would be great if anyone has any pictures you could share at the various ports.

You could look at the ship's Webcam each day to see what the photos are, facing forward.

That's what you'd see, too, just a bit higher.

GC

Use Google Earth to search for the cruise ports in the different cities, it will give you the ability to look around. I know the port on Kauai is in a more industrial area that used to be a commercial port for shipping sugar off the island.

I know that Kona is tendered so the view there will be fine. The only place I would be concerned about is on Maui, where the ship docks in an industrial type area. The other ports should be OK as far as view. Keep in mind that you are in the US and can easily rent a car and explore each island without taking excursions.

Some of the ports are industrial , however you want the balcony for the Napali coast sailby. When leaving Kauai, the ship hugs the coast line and you get some amazing views for like an hour. I believe this was the port side. Perhaps, someone else will back me up. The other side of the ship gets a viewing of the lava 1 nite assuming the lava is flowing. We definitely utilized our balcony and I can tell you it was my husband's favorite trip ever

https://goo.gl/images/ArN1u8

The areas directly around the port are all fairly industrial. In Maui you can see the hills not too far away, often shrouded in clouds. Hilo has a view largely of the airport, but again with hills behind.

Kona is a tender port and some quite nice views. You can also watch the various activities going on in the bay.

Kauai is again quite industrial, but to the other side are some hills with nice views. We are there right now and the hills would be the view from the front.

If the lava is flowing you will see that in the evening after leaving Hilo and there is also the Na Poli coast sail past on Friday afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With all due respect, why go to all of the effort and expense to take a Hawaiian island cruise and not go to look at what they have to offer?

I agree! The POA is NOT a destination ship so I suggest using the funds elsewhere if staying on the ship is the plan. It’s basically a floating hotel. I’m told that the ship is almost deserted during the afternoon (and service to match) when it is in port.

Some of the ports are industrial , however you want the balcony for the Napali coast sailby. When leaving Kauai, the ship hugs the coast line and you get some amazing views for like an hour. I believe this was the port side. Perhaps, someone else will back me up. The other side of the ship gets a viewing of the lava 1 nite assuming the lava is flowing. We definitely utilized our balcony and I can tell you it was my husband's favorite trip ever

https://goo.gl/images/ArN1u8

we had a balcony but it was on the "wrong" side. Not to worry. After dinner we went to the coast side. Captain announced that the lights on the ship were going to be turned off so people could see the lava flowing. We were right up against the rail. Great viewing from deck.