Spirit Measures

What are the sizes of the spirit measures onboard. single, double or more ?? Is the optic size a 25ml or 35ml

From the drinks menu front cover on Discovery earlier this Summer:-

<<All spirits are served in 40ml measures unless otherwise stated. Thats 60% more than the standard UK pub measure..>>

What would happen if we asked for a double ? - would they oblige or would we have to order singles at a later time as other lines tend to do ?

I see you are going on the Discovery in Nov so All Inclusive, I was on the Discovery this year and had no problem asking for doubles. It was the only way a drink would taste like the ones at home.

What would happen if we asked for a double ? - would they oblige or would we have to order singles at a later time as other lines tend to do ?

I had a double Brandy with my after dinner coffee in the restaurant each evening.

If the Spirit sizes are 60% more than usually supplied in pubs why does my hubby have to ask for doubles as he can't tast the alcohol at all

Unless you have a rapport with the waiter you can be told you can't have doubles so he orders a neat spirit to pour in the one with a mixer and the tons of ice they put in the drinks!!! Even when he asks for 'not a lot of ice'

Thanks for replies. I ask as I drink Southern Comfort straight up and to save having to wait/get another one later. The wife on the other hand prefers a very small amount in her drink and sometimes has great difficulty conveying this to both the generous pourers and those that stick to the measure.

If the Spirit sizes are 60% more than usually supplied in pubs why does my hubby have to ask for doubles as he can't tast the alcohol at all

Unless you have a rapport with the waiter you can be told you can't have doubles so he orders a neat spirit to pour in the one with a mixer and the tons of ice they put in the drinks!!! Even when he asks for 'not a lot of ice'

Every cruise we go on,we order 2 glasses of vodka,separate glass of ice and a can of coke.They always get used to us,lol.

Brian1 you won't get a can of coke on the standard package it's poured from large bottles and is sometimes flat!! But if you say it's flat they will open a fresh bottle

Hi,can we buy one or pay a supplement on the standard AI?Cheers,Brian.ps is diet coke available?

Edited by brian1

Lexdisic order the drink your wife wants without too much ice and then she'll get a longer mixer

That will work as she doesn't usually have ice anyway, or very little. The problem may occur with the cocktails with multiple spirits and the Irish coffee - she really just likes a small splash that for me I could hardly taste. Baileys coffee maybe the solution there as she can drink it by the bucket with a splash of coffee :)

Our last AI on Azamara they didn't bother with measures and just poured, which ruled out daytime drinking even for me - fortunately the bar staff soon learned'

Ohh - the first world problems of cruising - I'm sure we'll manage though :)