Just off the royal princess & it was fine-questions?

PoohUnderstands

Hi Pooh,

We're on this cruise on March 30. When are the formal nights?

Thanks for your posts.

Hi GotRum?,

We're on the 30th cruise too.

Don't see you on the roll call.

We're having a Meet & Greet, slot pull & gift exchange on Sunday April 1st.

Would love to see you join up and join us.

Hi Pooh

I have tried to search for this but have had no luck, so I'm hoping you can help.

Do you remember what the "every day" items are in the MDR? I know the steak was replaced by a hamburger, but I'd like to know what the other options are. I don't need a long description, just simple notes, like 'chicken, salmon, caesar salad, etc'

Thanks for any help

ML

the Princess Favorites at dinner are:

Caribbean Shrimp Cocktail-more like a fruit salsa sauce, but you can have it with regular U.S. cocktail sauce

Classic Caesar Salad

Fettuccine Alfredo

Grilled Salmon with Herb & Lemon Butter

Country Chicken (Pan seared breast- my DH said it wasn't bad)

Princess Gourmet Beef Burger

For lunch:

Brunch Offerings:

Continental Breakfast

Maple Granola

Fresh Fruits

Eggs Benedict

James Beard French Toast

Hope this helps.

Pooh

We just got off the Royal, March 10, and boy was it ever nice. My biggest giggle was when the CD, during the daily announcements, used a take off of the airline spiel, about the ship moving, and being aware of any unexpected movement....

the Princess Favorites at dinner are:

Caribbean Shrimp Cocktail-more like a fruit salsa sauce, but you can have it with regular U.S. cocktail sauce

Classic Caesar Salad

Fettuccine Alfredo

Grilled Salmon with Herb & Lemon Butter

Country Chicken (Pan seared breast- my DH said it wasn't bad)

Princess Gourmet Beef Burger

Hope this helps.

Pooh

Thanks Pooh, yes it's a big help.

Did either of you try the 'Gourmet Burger'? I can't believe Princess replaced steak with a burger but maybe it's the best darn burger EVER??? :D:D

ML

I'm thinking about booking on the Royal Princess for this summer to British Isles. I'm trying to decide which side of the ship to go with? The section will be Mid-foward on deck 11 or 10, balcony. Thinking about sailing into /out of ports, which side is better for taking it all in :-) Any other advice you could give for the Royal would be helpful since I'm kind of a newbie.

We are on the June UK cruise. Didn’t even think about going into ports etc. Our priority was the opposite side to the skywalk!

Was Billy Pando still playing piano nightly

in Crooners?

I have looked through my patters and they don't say. I am one of those "weird" people in the minority who don't like this type of entertainment so I have no idea. I know he had whiteish short hair and wore "different" outfits.

Pooh

Thanks Pooh, yes it's a big help.

Did either of you try the 'Gourmet Burger'? I can't believe Princess replaced steak with a burger but maybe it's the best darn burger EVER??? :D:D

ML

Don't think I would go as far to say that it is the best darn burger ever, but it was good and it was a decent thickness and size.

Pooh

We are on the June UK cruise. Didn’t even think about going into ports etc. Our priority was the opposite side to the skywalk!

If for some reason, you get on the starboard side with a balcony, you will really have no problem with privacy concerning the skywalk if you are on deck12 and lower. Decks 14 and 15 might have given me some concern! I was on the Royal in A429 and it was fine. The balcony is completely covered and if someone wanted to see you from the skywalk they would almost have to get on their hands and knees to do so!!!! That is why I say deck 12 and lower is fine.

Pooh

Who needs a "steak" or a "burger" when their Fettuccine Alfredo is available! Princess does this dish RIGHT!

Yes, that's good but too many calories to have a lot. A steak, and maybe a burger without a bun, would be better. But the salmon, chicken, and Caesar salad will do nicely.

Don't think I would go as far to say that it is the best darn burger ever, but it was good and it was a decent thickness and size.

Pooh

I knew it was too much to hope but probably no burger for me. the other selections all seem pretty good as an option if the nightly choices don't seem good.

Thanks for your help

ML

If for some reason, you get on the starboard side with a balcony, you will really have no problem with privacy concerning the skywalk if you are on deck12 and lower. Decks 14 and 15 might have given me some concern! I was on the Royal in A429 and it was fine. The balcony is completely covered and if someone wanted to see you from the skywalk they would almost have to get on their hands and knees to do so!!!! That is why I say deck 12 and lower is fine.

Pooh

I put a hold on Royal cabin B218 Mid front port side. I hope I did okay

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Pooh

I have tried to search for this but have had no luck, so I'm hoping you can help.

Do you remember what the "every day" items are in the MDR? I know the steak was replaced by a hamburger, but I'd like to know what the other options are. I don't need a long description, just simple notes, like 'chicken, salmon, caesar salad, etc'

Thanks for any help

ML

Those that I can remember include shrimp cocktail, caesar salad, salmon, fried chicken, creme brule, cheesecake with strawberry, "love boat" chocolate dessert

Those that I can remember include shrimp cocktail, caesar salad, salmon, fried chicken, creme brule, cheesecake with strawberry, "love boat" chocolate dessert

Another everyday item was fettucine Alfredo...delicious!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forums mobile app

Thanks. I think I can work with chicken or salmon and a salad to try and stay on my diet! Maybe one night of fettucine :D

Thanks. I think I can work with chicken or salmon and a salad to try and stay on my diet! Maybe one night of fettucine :D

One night of Fettucine Alfredo? Good luck with that! A friend of mine's Grand-son sailed on Crown Princess recently and loved the dish so much that it was his entree for the 7 days of their cruise.

Some funny comments here! Can't wait to go on the Royal again, New England cruise this Fall. I was on for the TA last Fall, don't remember going to the buffet unless to pick up some fruit or a glass of juice.

Just got off the Emerald 30 day SA cruise and did not go to the buffet ever! I have lunch at the IC, a sandwich and a salad, love tomato & mozzarella flat breads toasted! Can't see any reason to go to a crowded buffet, not enjoyable.

Hello Poohunderstands, or any folks who just returned from Royal Princess recently. We are sailing with her to the British Isles in May. Just wondering if you could tell me how was the live bands on the ship. We like to do a bit of ballroom or social dancing in the evening. Are there more than one particular lounge with a live band or DJ playing at the time, or there is only one live band playing at a certain time in a certain lounge, and therefore you can not pick and choose where you can go if you want live music and dancing. I understand the Royal Princess is a big ship, and we usually prefer big ships that have different musical venues going on at the same time so at least you can pick which one you want to participate in. What type of music does the main band play, if you can recall? Thanks in advance.

Hello Poohunderstands, or any folks who just returned from Royal Princess recently. We are sailing with her to the British Isles in May. Just wondering if you could tell me how was the live bands on the ship. We like to do a bit of ballroom or social dancing in the evening. Are there more than one particular lounge with a live band or DJ playing at the time, or there is only one live band playing at a certain time in a certain lounge, and therefore you can not pick and choose where you can go if you want live music and dancing. I understand the Royal Princess is a big ship, and we usually prefer big ships that have different musical venues going on at the same time so at least you can pick which one you want to participate in. What type of music does the main band play, if you can recall? Thanks in advance.

Lounge entertainers last week were:

- James Guilmartin - sings pop songs with a guitar

- Romantica - string trio, plays mostly classical pieces with some contemporary mixed in

- Sunset Quartet - mostly 50s and 60s music, good for ballroom dancing

- Evolution - contemporary dance music

- Tyrone Babb - steel drums and Caribbean sounds

- Perry Grant - piano and vocals, he was playing extremely old stuff (like from before the era of recorded music) the only night I listened to him and I didn't stay long, but he seems to have a big fan club

- DJ ReRe - night club DJ

- house band - mostly does the production shows, but they did do a concert one day

In the evenings, two or three of these acts were usually performing simultaneously in different venues.