Queen's Grill Mini-Bar Question

Neuhoftraveler

The Queen's Grill perks are described differently at different places on the Cunard (US) website. At one point, the mini-bar is described as "complimentary spirits or wines, and soft drinks" with no quantity limit stated. At another point, the mini-bar is said to include "two bottles of spirits or wines, and soft drinks." My question is: Can anyone say whether the offering is a total of two bottles for the entire cruise, or constant replenishment so there always are two bottles on hand? (I realize that past performance is no guarantee of future results.)

Your butler will bring you a card that has several choices for wines and spirits. My Johnny Walker Black is not one of them so I write it in, and I have always gotten it.You can get two bottles the same or mix and match and they are usually replenished when you finish, but this practice has ebbed and flowed over the years. It was in place last year when I crossed from Hamburg. The will also have sparkling and plain water, soft drinks and beers. You will get a bottle of good Champagne when you get to your suite, there is also a bottle of Pol Acker (to be avoided at all costs.)

It all depends on which ship and how good your butler is. On our last cruise in QG on QE we received a card and when asked if that was all that was available and no brandy was told that was correct you could only have on the list. We ordered a Famous Grouse whisky and a Smirnoff vodka which was not delivered to our suite until the afternoon of the following day and when we finished it and put the empty bottles in the bin so obvious that they were empty they were never replenished. Bottles of water, coke and Heineken beer in the fridge was replenished daily.

It all depends on which ship and how good your butler is. On our last cruise in QG on QE we received a card and when asked if that was all that was available and no brandy was told that was correct you could only have on the list. We ordered a Famous Grouse whisky and a Smirnoff vodka which was not delivered to our suite until the afternoon of the following day and when we finished it and put the empty bottles in the bin so obvious that they were empty they were never replenished. Bottles of water, coke and Heineken beer in the fridge was replenished daily.

This year, the two bottle choices have been expanded considerably from the old small card and ours are always replenished just before needed. We have nearly twenty QG cruises on our cruise record so have some experience of all this but we've never needed to replenish spirits on a shorter cruise, a week or under, so I have no experience of the shorter cruise protocol on either Victoria or Elizabeth. Wine, no problem any length of cruise.

This year, the two bottle choices have been expanded considerably from the old small card and ours are always replenished just before needed. We have nearly twenty QG cruises on our cruise record so have some experience of all this but we've never needed to replenish spirits on a shorter cruise, a week or under, so I have no experience of the shorter cruise protocol on either Victoria or Elizabeth. Wine, no problem any length of cruise.

This was our first and probably last time in OG suite so did not know what to expect. Having read comments since we returned I think we must have got a poor butler we only usually saw him first thing in the morning when he bought tea/fruit juice and croissants apart from the occasional time we were in the suite wgen he bought the pre dinner canapes. We had no other use or contact with him at all.

If at anytime you need your butler there is a button on the phone to call him. If you feel you are not being treated as you expect call the Hotel Manager, and I bet he or she will fix the problem pronto. That has been my experience.

I knew that but didnt know what we would want him for so never had the need too so never really saw him so think he was happy to have a suite where he didnt have to do anything. One of the reasons why I would never book a QG suite again for us the butler was a waste of money.

I knew that but didnt know what we would want him for so never had the need too so never really saw him so think he was happy to have a suite where he didnt have to do anything. One of the reasons why I would never book a QG suite again for us the butler was a waste of money.

My first experience with a QG butler was underwhelming (was in a Q1) but subsequently I had an excellent one. He organised an in suite party, had my shoes buffed each day and his colleague did my bow tie and cufflinks on formal nights.

My first experience with a QG butler was underwhelming (was in a Q1) but subsequently I had an excellent one. He organised an in suite party, had my shoes buffed each day and his colleague did my bow tie and cufflinks on formal nights.
I had the opposite experience; my first butler (QM2 Q5) was outstanding in every regard, beyond excellent. He rapidly understood my routines, likes and dislikes. Never had to asked to replenish things in the cabin as they were used (indeed he anticipated me using them and supplied more ahead of time). My second time (QE Q3) was such a contrast. The butlers changed half-way through my cruise and neither were more than stewards with a fancy name, hardly saw either of them. They had to be repeatedly asked to clear used trays & plates etc from the cabin, replenish coffee, biscuits, soft drinks, water etc. Most disappointing.

A question, has anyone had any bubbly instead of wine or spirits, if so what . Or have they foisted the dreaded Pol Acker on anyone.
In QG, there will be a bottle of Cunard House Champagne, and one of Pol Acker, awaiting your arrival ;)

I've chosen spirits both times.

I know about champagne on arrival, but can you get bubbly in room after then instead of wine, Lady W prefers this to spirits.

Not normally champagne, no. I believe you may now be able to order Prosecco rather than spirits, if you like it.

I don't care for any spirits or wine, hate Prosecco, I request Pimms. And so far, have always received it.

Or more recently a bottle of Veuve Cliquot Rose or was it Laurent Perrier Rose, I have forgotten, either way we didn’t like it, plus two bottles of Pol Acker :o

Last year we had Delamotte champagne, but Veuve Clicquot Rose when we were in a Q2.

This year [not a Q2] it's been Laurent-Perrier, not Rose.

The system has changed.

Instead of the old card system passengers are presented with a fairly decent list of wines and spirits. When the bottles arrive, the list is signed but also an attached bar receipt is signed too but obviously, that doesn't reach your on-board account.

I just signed and never added anything on in the gratuity space.

I had the opposite experience; my first butler (QM2 Q5) was outstanding in every regard, beyond excellent. He rapidly understood my routines, likes and dislikes. Never had to asked to replenish things in the cabin as they were used (indeed he anticipated me using them and supplied more ahead of time). My second time (QE Q3) was such a contrast. The butlers changed half-way through my cruise and neither were more than stewards with a fancy name, hardly saw either of them. They had to be repeatedly asked to clear used trays & plates etc from the cabin, replenish coffee, biscuits, soft drinks, water etc. Most disappointing.

It's like any service I suppose. Same with flight crews. I've had some incredibly proactive crews and some where they can see I'm done with my meal, but they don't collect the plates and glasses. I'm hoping my butler at the end of the month is just as good as my last one.