Nieuw Amsterdam Vs Konigsdam

peiguy48

I didn't find that the Kdam felt much bigger than the Nieuw Amsterdam. The noticeable differences to me: Nieuw Amsterdam has the wider promenade deck with lounge chairs and the Kdam doesn't. But the standard balcony cabins have a very nice glass door shower (no more bathtubs). There's a few more differences that are important to some people, but overall the Kdam is a beautiful, well run ship and I would gladly sail her again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There both very nice ships but as the ships carry

More and more folks, you

Seem to lose some of smaller ship feel and found harder to run into folks you have met and also depends where you stateroom is,,, makes it harder for the older and folks with walking issues....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love the Eurodam and the Nieuw Amsterdam. I did not care for the Koningsdam. I thought it was too big and noisy. The Queens lounge is on two levels and the BBKing music carries on toeo floors. I understand the BBKing music will go where the ?Lincoln Certer stage is and the Lincoln Center stage will move into the Nieuw Statendam. I have booked a seven day cruise on the Nieuw Statendam in late February.

We have sailed on both ships. The main differences would be the narrower promenade deck on the Kdam; the round showroom on the Kdam and the more modern decor on the Kdam. Both beautiful ships with the best cuisine and service we have experienced with 4 cruise lines.